1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clutchfans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 8/12/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 11, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Take note Russ haters. Russ next to James always plays well because James sucks in the defense and Russ can attack the lane

D-rock likes this.
  2. riko

riko Member

He should have had atleast 20 assists

BigShasta, linvetb6, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Imm start by saying, I have really grown to enjoy Westbrook and I really root for him to succeed. I believe we can still win with him.

"Yeah, I'm not a CP3 fanboy and I don't miss him. I don't cry in every game thread, in the NBA dish about how I miss Chris, I wish we had Chris, go Chris! go Thunder! ... no. no. no.

He's gone, he's not coming back. Why can't y'all move on? This board has some weird fixation with certain players, they just can't let go. Chris Paul. Trevor Ariza. Luc Mbah a Moute. Donatas Motiejunas.

And yeah, I did bump all those threads. Same people crying about missing Chris Paul were probably the same ones a few months earlier criticizing Chris Paul and his play and his contract. Do I need to bump them again? :D"

LOL, wow sorry we arent thankless, classless douche bags who hate on the second best player on the Second best Rocket team in franchise history. SO SORRY JR haha. And almost no one here has rooted for the Thunder.

The reason people talk about Trevor Ariz and Luc(CP3) was A. because they were apart of of a 65 win team B. Maybe they still like those players but B. And more importantly WE GOT WORSE AFTER THEY LEFT DUMMY.

LOL the same people who? A lot of the people who miss Chris Paul are consistent in saying they would rather have him over Westbrook. You're a dumbass for bumping those threads, you just wanted to crap on Cp and dick ride Westbrook. Which you've been doing since he got here despite his inefficiencies. Never mind how you dont believe in Harden or this team. You are the worst kind of fan.

What if he was "washed" with the Rockets and now he's "not washed" with the Thunder?
    He couldn't stay on the court with the Rockets. Now he's healthy with OKC. Assists are slightly down but everything else up across the board.
    (2018-19) And when he was on the court, did you think he played well? $40M worthy? What about the Warriors series? Do you think he was a good, reliable 2nd option for James? Do you think James thought he could win with him moving forward? Do you think the Chris Paul we're seeing this year is the same one as last year? Better? Worse?

LMAO, having a down year, doesnt mean you are washed. Not being healthy doesnt mean you are washed either, being washed means you are completely over the hill. Which is why people who knew Cp3 would have a better year the next year. 538 had him as one of the better value contracts in the league. Yea I do think James could have won with him going forward(we can still win with Russ). Especially with how he's playing now. But hey guess what Russ is injured....hmmm is he worth 40 million, was it worth those picks we gave up :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: But I'm not a clown like you and I dont't count peoples pockets. I only care about their play. And right now Cp is looking really good. But if Russ can bring his A game, we can win as well. But right now, he might be out the first round.

And as good as Chris is, they have two other PGs that are just as good, if not better! It's a three-headed monster.

Sorrynotsorry if I didn't think it was crazy the Thunder could "upset" the Rockets. "Easily, easily see it happening." I said what I said. Not easily as in Thunder in 4 or 5 but the Thunder winning the series wouldn't shock me.
    "They don't have this, don't have that, no one to match Harden, can't keep up, blahblahblah" OK, we'll see.

Chris is statistically the best player on OKC by a large margin.

LMAO now I see why you didnt explain yourself, you look even more like a douche than you did before. All season you praised Westbrook and defended this trade while hating on Chris Paul saying this was the right move and when its very clearly debatable at best. The fact that you defend the trade and then say...."Yea I wouldnt be surprsied if a team led by Chris Paul beat a team led by Russel and James" makes you look stupid and hateful. Which is what you are.

Yea I know you don't believe in Harden either, even though he's been far and way the best player on this team. But you sure love Westbrook, dont you clown.

Rockets gave up a lot to get Chris Paul.
    Rockets gave up a lot to get rid of Chris Paul.
    And in between gave him a nearly untradeable $160M deal.
    People act like Chris Paul is some victim and the Rockets "did him wrong". GTFO.

We got a 65 win championship team, you take the risk.

We gave up a lot to get Westbrook and now he can't play in the first round.

One dude's game is gonna age way worse with age.

Just stick to news bro.

#483 HP3, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    hakeem94 likes this.
  4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You'd rather watch a guy dribble to 40pts a game vs winning a ring?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. HP3

HP3 Member

For anyone who want's a TLDR; of my post

JR: I'm a clown

Dreamshook: Why are you a clown?

JR: This is why I'm a clown.

HP3: Damn....you should def only post news and not your opinion.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

somebody pass this tweet over to EG

linvetb6 and D-rock like this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What did he try in OKC. That was Westbrook’s team. He was not a number one. The difference in PG is I don’t think he ever asked to be traded. His teams just decided to trade him cuz they were getting godfather offers.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

EG must’ve had dead legs all season then...seems like he’s been rusty since game 1

BigShasta and linvetb6 like this.
  13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Harden had 17 rebounds?????

Deckard and D-rock like this.
  14. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

This idiotic high-school science experiment from Morey of not playing a big the entire game is starting to piss me off. Small ball can be utilized at times depending on matchups but to intentionally handicap the team the whole damn game size wise & give up massive advantages on the boards every game is not a winning philosophy. I get opening up the lanes for Russ but is that as important as giving up a massive size advantage every game & letting opponents get O-boards & 2nd chance pts to kill your momentum? Not to mention the physical toll it takes on Harden to battle with the bigs every game & get into foul trouble. I just dont see how they can win in the playoffs without a competent big guarding the paint & getting boards.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. major_major

major_major Member

Well, I guess rebounding does win games.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's really playing with lots of hustle now. Tonight he was a beast. It's a damn shame so many others were throwing tons of bricks. I'm ready to see everybody else step up their game a couple notches. We know they can do it, and come playoffs I hope they start playing the best games we've seen yet.

D-rock likes this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

James was a beast!

but if yer gonna take 57 3pt attempts you gotta shoot em better than 28%...

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He had one season, his 2nd with OKC, when he finished 3rd in the MVP standings and his overall stats were leading on that OKC team.

Memories are fleeting huh. 2 years ago or so.

#498 daywalker02, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's not on Harden, he shot 51% from 3 I believe.

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

not saying it was on Harden...

James was a beast - he did his job and then some...

but if collectively as team we are going to take 57 3pt attempts - we gotta do better than 28%...