1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Game 6 Podcast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I actually think it might be forced upon him to play those 3 until a trade happens. I don’t see us having anyone else.

Have a feeling the off-season will be uneventful and most of our roster shuffling will be during the season.

HP3 likes this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Everyone knows me here for being big on Wings that lean towards SF in size, not SG-ish. SF’s allow more for
    “Positionless basketball”. I don’t believe you can beat the Warriors with a bunch of SG’s. I’m strong on fighting
    Fire with Fire. Outside of Curry the Warriors kill you with 6’7”-ish players. Their SG is 6’7” Klay Thompson, to go
    along with Iggy and Draymond (the defensive genius)......throw in KD at 6’11”. Yeah they threw a bunch of whack
    players at us in the final game like Cook, Bell and McKinnie.....but they ride the coattails of Curry/Klay/Dray.

I feel the Bucks are built like the Warriors.....but may be better. They are Fast, Athletic, Long, can shoot from
    the perimeter, and have a mismatch center that can play inside or out. Brook Lopez will take you inside if you
    guard him with a smaller player or bust you outside from 3 if you guard him with a “Big.”......brings your center
    away from the hoop. Or play Antetokounmpo at center. Bucks are the Warriors but only bigger......just a question
    of, “are they as smart as the Warriors?” Bledsoe is their Eric Gordon that they play at Point Guard. Brogdan looked
    huge next to Kyrie Irving. Bucks can play the two guards but they are physical guards that can handle the ball well.
    I was very disappointed in Gordon’s ball handling ability throughout the year. The image of the ball being kicked
    out of bounds and Gordon complaining to the refs will burn in my mind for a long time to come.

Next season I feel Cousins and KD will be gone.......still a must to match up with. Bucks may be equally as opposing
    if not more. Since they will have experience tacked on to their resume.

You know I would package Gordon/Capela for a star like Butler or Kawhi in a heart beat......but I’m not sure about
    Beal with Harden. I’m not a fan of playing Harden at SF and Beal listed at 207 pounds is too light to match up with
    SF’s night in and night out. I’m more for clearing payroll to take on a Covington, Aminu, Royce O’Neale to the
    roster. I pushed for Royce O’Neale at the trading deadline......and I felt like he “kicked-***” in the playoffs.

But I have been wrong before my friend. Take care saleem.

Deckard and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

My dear Apache, I always want length, quickness and physical/ mental strength, but I only mentioned Beal as a potential star despite him being undersized, because who will give us a tall SF with high skill? It's not going to be easy to even acquire Beal.

Butler is not an option. I like Aminu as a PF role player, O'Neale could be a replacement for Gordon. Covington can help as a three with his 6'9'' height. I always like your creative ideas, my friend.

Thanks.
    Take Care,
    saleem

Deckard and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Butler is not an option? I thought he could opt out. Then it's a matter of moving Gordon/Capela. I don't believe Butler has birds rights accompanying him for a SnT.

As usual, thanks Saleem. I'm not a fan of Beal/Wall combo....so I'm not sure about a Harden/Beal combo. Sorry for my limited view.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You aren't getting Butler in an opt out + S&T. You are only getting Butler in an *opt in* and trade.

Deckard, saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah something like that. 6'8" and the way he carried the 76ers at times in the playoffs would be good next to Harden.

I would trade or give up Gordon/Capela for that.

@saleem I'm thinking Royce O'Neale Rodney Hood may be our best options because of pricetag. Someone needs to go though.
    House is ok but needs playoff experience.

saleem likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We went into last season with MCW/Ennis.
    So almost anything is an improvement at SF. Harden/CP3 pay goes up though.

Trading CP3 is not an option. No team is taking that contract. It hurts the team to have two players that have trouble being on the court vs elite teams like the Warriors. One (CP3) you can't move, the other (Capela) you possibly can move. Just saying.

saleem likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I should have been more clear Apache. I would be happy if Butler wanted to join Houston, but they simply don't have the assets to pull it off in my humble opinion. Rodney Hood is realistic, but I think Portland will re-sign him if they have the cap room to do so. Have a great day.

Deckard and ApacheWarrior like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, Houston finds themselves in a bind unfortunately.
    Houston finds themselves at $123 M, needing to add or lose Shumpert/Rivers/Green/Faried....House (QO):
    CP3 rounded up to $39 M
    Harden round up to $38 M
    Capela at about $16.5 M
    Gordon at about $14 M............Gordon/Capela account for $30.5 Million
    Tucker at about $8.4 M
    Nene $3.8 M (PO.....talk of retirement)

Compared to Bucks (who I think wins the championship this year) $107 Million.
    George Hill $18 M (non guaranteed) could reduce it even greater.
    Mirotic FA
    Brook Lopez FA
    Middleton $13 M (PO)

Bucks can roll George Hill money into paying Middleton more money plus more depth.

It’s a shame that when Houston brought in Dwight Howard.....centers developed a less efficient role.
    Now the Rockets obtained CP3 and smaller point guards are picked on due to Freedom of Movement
    enforcement. Oh well, what can you do about it? One must adapt if they want to win the big prize.
    Conform or just be another also ran.

*soft cap/hard cap/apron expected to go up some.

saleem likes this.