1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clown world: illegal immigrants sue over detention conditions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BruceAndre, Aug 20, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Exactly. They don't all have pustules and knobby noses and live under bridges.

EDIT: But they should.

#41 ROXTXIA, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    JayGoogle and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Once again: if you break the law, don't expect to be spending the night at the Ritz Carleton.

Which is to say, the whole "being treated inhumanely" thing is highly debatable; and I would say even dubious. If you or I get thrown in jail (say) for DUI, it's not going to be as nice as our own homes.

Overall, this whole thing is just another trick by the left to import voters.

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Apparently, he has quite a lot of money. "More money than God" type money.

I don't know if the Soros-sponsored stuff is the main driving force in all this. But it's clearly a part of it. Heck, all you have to do is look at his own statements.

Then you add in the NGOs, which get their money from suckers who believe the Sally Struthers-type pitches.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I'm sure that's correct. But it didn't use to be that way, say 20-30 years ago.

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Dude, I sometimes have responsibilities outside this board, you know, IRL. Perhaps you haven't experienced that type of thing.

Let me see if I can find it, and I will respond.

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Ok, I suppose this is the post you are talking about.

Once again, you are taking it as a given that they are being held in "inhumane conditions." I'm not sure I'm willing to stipulate or concede such.

If I shoplift repeatedly, write bad checks repeatedly, etc., I'm going to be placed against my will in a cold hard jail cell where I don't have my bed with luxurious memory foam and big screen TV with Netflix in it. This is to be expected.

If I illegally enter another country, logically I can and should expect to be arrested and hence to be deprived of freedom and luxuries I enjoyed, prior to my breaking the law.

The whole "concentration camp" and "inhumane conditions" thing is a ruse for the left to import more voters.

Astrodome likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You're not getting crapped all over for your skepticism.

You're getting crapped all over because of your morals/values that are OK with the idea of treating prisoners inhumanely.

8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I suppose you think being incarcerated in any fashion is inhumane.

Highly debatable.

I've mentioned before that I've gone back and forth across the US-Mexico several times in recent years (I'm not going TMI tho).

Anyway, one time, coming back to the US, they were these people asleep on the bridge. I later asked a buddy who lives on the Mexico side: "why were those people sleeping on the bridge?" He said: "they're camping out waiting for the asylum interview appointment." These people weren't in detention centers.

They were seeking asylum, but they weren't in detention centers. Huh, who'da thunk it.

Thus, the people who are in detention centers must have done something messed up to be where they are. They must have done something illegal.

9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

And you're accepting the premise that they're being treated inhumanely.

If I break a law, get thrown in jail, and am thus deprived of my Netflix, am I being treated inhumanely? Seems like most of the posters on this board would think so.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

George Soros is about as rich as your average NFL owner.

That's "**** you" money. Not "I am God" money.

If you think a guy worth 8 billion is controlling the world, I have really bad news for you, there are far more powerful people than him scuttling around, and I can guarantee you they lean more conservative.

11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

And thus they should have the right to vote, just because of that? Nope.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Show me where I "accepted it". I am not dismissing it outright because of worm-brained conspiracy theories about rich jews or a completely broken set of morals that thinks treating prisoners inhumanely is OK.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That is enough to cause chaos by controlling vocal non profits and some media figures. He is not some do nothing. He is very active in promoting his agenda.

BruceAndre likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A lot of the conspiracy theories surrounding Soros are straight out of Hitler's rhetoric in terms of wanting to bring non-white migrants into this country for nefarious reasons.

Here is an excerpt from Hitler's Mein Kampf:

"It was and it is Jews who bring the Negroes into the Rhineland, always with the same secret thought and clear aim of ruining the hated white race by the necessarily resulting bastardization"

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Are you trolling or an idiot? No **** jail isn't the Ritz Carlton, you can still be treated inhumanely in any jail across the US regardless of being an illegal or not. To belittle their situation to the likes of "oh I don't have netflix, I'm being treated inhumanely" is just deliberately being an ass.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What you said has nothing to do with any arguments being put forward by anyone.

1. Many didn't cross illegally and are legal asylum seekers. They have broken no laws at all.
    2. Nobody is suggesting that it needs to be the Ritz Carleton. It is silly for you to keep acting like anyone is advocating for that.
    3. Nobody is suggesting that it needs to be as nice as a person's home. It is silly for you to keep acting like anyone is advocating like that.

The things that people are advocating are humane. Denying care to infants and toddlers is inhumane. Having people so crowded they have to stand and can't sleep is inhumane. Denying them basic hygiene like soap, and toothbrushes are inhumane.

Those are the things for which people are advocating. None of those things are the Ritz Carleton.

#56 FranchiseBlade, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    DonnyMost likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Being incarcerated is not inhumane. It isn't debatable at all that there are asylum seekers. Requirements for seeking asylum are spelled out. You can look and see whether the people stuck to those requirements in seeking asylum (which are different than the requirements for being granted asylum).

There isn't anything about which to debate regarding if they are seeking asylum or not.

18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

And you're accepting the premise that the MSM is promoting, that they are being treated inhumanely.

If you get arrested for breaking the law, get ready for staying in a 6X6 and sleeping in a cot. Don't like that? Don't break the law.

"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

So is accepting the premise that they are being treated inhumanely just cuz "the MSM tells me so."

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Then how did they end up in detention?