1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela vs. Hassan Whiteside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Oct 15, 2015.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Proposing Noel to back up Capela, one year min deal to rehab rep and value.

But would love to see more D, not less, for next season roster:

Harden
    Paul
    Capela
    George
    Tucker

Bench: EGordon, Ariza, Mbah a Moute, Green, Wright/Noel, Speights, AJax/FA/Rookie point

Losses: Ryno, Nene, Onuaku, more NGs, future picks and cash considerations

Although I am more intrigued with acquiring RFA Aaron Gordon & Jonathon Simmons over Paul George. George is great perimeter defender but AG is more versatile and better rim protector. AG would be a much improved upgrade to Ryno as small ball 5 who can both space the floor on Offense as well as switch onto positions 1-5 on Defense. Simmons is Houston native who is almost as potent on O as EGo but better on D.

I hope we can hang on to Bzdelik for at least one more season in any scenario. Hes the key to our Switch Everything Switch All the Time D that's giving opposing teams such fits.

peleincubus likes this.
  2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Whiteside has Dwight's mental problem: He thinks the offense has to be run through him. If he doesn't get enough touches, he pouts.
    The only difference is Dwight actually showed up in playoffs, while Hassan can't even stay on the floor.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've read a decent amount of people on clutchfans mention Aaron Gordon, with hope that he could be on the Rockets next year. I know next to nothing about him myself though.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So what exactly is the trade here that dumps Anderson?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not sure why people think we could get him, but he'd be an interesting fit. Shot better this year from 3 but still not good enough.

I guess the exciting thing about him is he's still young and can still get better at almost everything.

I just don't see us getting him. He's going to get paid a lot, and we're not going to pay a lot to a 23 y/o who hasn't played a minute of meaningful basketball in his career.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

AG is not ready to be #1 option, but he would be a great 3rd or 4th option while becoming a better basketball player. I'm sure Lucas could improve his shot even more from average 3 point shooter to elite.

Plus D'Antoni's system gives shooters all the space and open looks they could only dream about on another team. AG is so young, can only imagine how much better he could become under MDA and Bzdelik. His work ethic, IQ, personality explosive athleticism, length, selflessness and fire on D alone make him a favorite of mine for this new Rockets culture. No "look at me" or "what about me" with AG.

Acquiring him is a long long shot but so was acquiring Dwight and Paul. If we're going to dreamcast for Lebron or PG13, why not the player with the best fit and upside IMO.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm sure Morey has those scenarios mapped out. No trade for Lebron or PG13 can be done without Ryno going out.

You pose the question not because you seek my opinion/ideas but to support your point that there is no solution.

I'm sure Morey believes in solutions. That's really all that matters to me.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's at the point in his career where he should be trying to get a big contract. I don't see us giving him a big contract, because we can only do so by getting rid of all of our depth and he's not proven enough to be worth gutting a title contender.

Of course we could also make room by moving RA contract, but until that happens I don't think it's possible. No one (should) want RA.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So you have nothing. Interesting.

FWIW, Eric Pincus wrote an article about how we could acquire LeBron without involving RA directly in the deal.

So to recap you are factually incorrect in regards to a potential trade and incorrect in your assumptions about me. I was honestly just curious if you knew something that I didn't as far as trade possibilities. I wasn't trying to disparage.

#89 Haymitch, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not involving Ryno would require tearing this team to shreds. Involving Ryno in acquiring the 3rd superstar is necessary.

Pincus is not Morey. I'm comfortable in my own skin to acknowledge that I dont know as much as Morey either. I trust him to make the best move, even if it's no move or just some small moves. The architect of the Rockets who just won a franchise best 65 games gets the benefit of the doubt from me as well as my complete confidence that he will set up Rockets to be better in 2018-2019.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I believe Ryno gets moved if Rockets serious about Lebron, or even PG13.

How to acquire AG, just like Lebron or PG13, is Morey's job. Can it be done w/out decimating team, I do not know? But many thought acquiring Harden, Dwight or Paul could not be done either for this very reason - gave up too much to get them. This thinking was a fallacy then too.

AG may not even be on Morey's radar, I just happen to feel that hes got the best upside, attitude and skillset fit for current Rockets team. This preference is entirely my own, I do not state anywhere that this opinion is shared.