1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela Has Developed Into James Harden And Chris Paul’s Dream Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If he had a consistent jump shot he would be their perfect dream center. They mean......

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You see Capela next to Ryno or even Bullard during post game interviews and you know he's at 6'11 to 7'0.

hongxingli and hakeem94 like this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You've lost your mind. Clint won't get anything near $27MM starting salary this summer.

hakeem94, ApacheWarrior and Deckard like this.
  4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Usually no offers are put forth when the guy's team makes it clear they will match it. Example: Bledsoe's restricted free agency a couple of years back.

HookemHorns1250 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. ballscientist1

Let's say you have only one option due to crazy luxury taxes (8+8*4.25 =42 million)

Which player do you choose? (owner pays 42 million for 1 player for each season)

3 years 24 million for Ariza

3 years 24 million for LMM

6. ballscientist1

Let's say Cuban, Dolan or Balmer give an offer sheet 4 yrs $80 million starting year $23 million to Capela. (23,21,19,17)

Morey refuses to match offer sheet.

Thread would be

1. I have grown to hate Morey (Tilman)

or

2. I have grown to hate Capela.

Cap is only 101 million. No team can afford 2 crazy overpaid contracts like Ryan and Clint. (star contracts)

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There are a lot of smart people on this forum and there are a lot of smart posts.

So it amazes me how many people just don't understand that "what a player is worth" is not the same thing as "what the MARKET will bare." And this will be the case for Capela. Are people obtuse on purpose? Sometimes I wonder.

For the Rockets this season, Capela is the X-factor because he is the player outside of Harden/CP3 that has the highest ceiling. Will he reach it when it counts? I don't know. But for the Rockets to go far, he has to get up there and stay up there.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. ballscientist1

Iguodala was worth 8 million a year, he got 16 million market a year

Ryan Anderson was worth 5 million a year, he got 20 million market a year

George Hill was worth 10 million a year at age 31, he got 19 million market a year

Jeff Teague was worth 10 million a year, he got 19 million market a year

JJ Red Dick was worth 10 million a year, he got 23 million a year.

Market salary = 2 * what he is worth.

Steve Balmer, Mark Cuban and James Dolan are all crazy about young players.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Biggest aspect of Capela's game people sleep on is offensive rebounding for sure. With the amount of threes we take, his agility compared to most big men is crucial for tracking down those long rebounds. Clint Capela foh lyfe!

10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I think I had blocked out the fact that Pablo Prigioni got significant minutes for the Rox that year - thanks for the reminder.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

what you fail to still understand is none of those players have anything to do with capella.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just wanted your take on the matter. Lol.

You’re a good sport swyyyguy if nothing else. A good sport.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I deliberately shaved one game off the Warriors players missed game totals.
    Only a Warriors fan would have noticed the minuscule amount difference.
    That’s why I posted Klay first.....his 0 games missed would stand out.
    You thus proved to me you are a Warriors fan.

Anything you post about the Rockets has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I can post an article that states the Mavs will pursue Aaron Gordon (among other teams).
    So explain to me how Cuban devotes $25 mil to restricted free agent Capela and $29 mil for RFA Aaron Gordon?

It makes no sense. Just to stick into the eye of Morey and the Rockets once again. Not with Julius Randell
    available or Nerlens Noel right there. Rockets would let Capela walk and pick up Noel on the cheap. Rockets
    burned the Mavs with letting Parsons go to the Mavs while bringing Ariza in on the cheap....declining scale
    salary. Morey wins again.

Just face it Morey is 3 steps ahead of you and your Warriors team.

Deuce and hakeem94 like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

How much was Durant worth? Took how much?

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

thanks, breh! you're a cool dude, too! :cool:

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Even if opposing GMs know he won't reach the level of production without two HOF-level point-Gods feeding him, there's gonna be at least one that'll overpay, if only just to break up our team.

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It happens all the time, there are some poorly run organizations and some desperate ones that have been folding on good hands and decide to go all in on a mediocre hand because they lose patience and aren't disciplined in their planning. Omer was grossly overpaid after leaving the Rockets. DMo also was offered a good sum of money at the time as well, and then there is Parsons. Clint is very young, and youth in the NBA is like a new tech company. You don't need to show you're successful/profitable or worth it yet, just the potential and people will be willing to take the gamble. Clint may be a product of a system, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams changing their system to be in line with the two most successful teams in the Rockets and Warriors. This is the new NBA and you need a new NBA center.

My hope is that since Clint didn't grow up looking up to NBA players with their absurd lifestyles that he won't be greedy and trying to compare his salary to guys he thinks he's better than, and recognizes he is in a unique situation.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

not to the level of anywhere near $27 mil

19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

20. ballscientist1

3 starters are free agents.

Everyone will be sad when they see Capela's offer sheet from Cuban, Dolan or Balmer.