1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela Has Developed Into James Harden And Chris Paul’s Dream Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 19, 2018.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

NOT a chance.

DJ at a discount>>>>>>

2. riko

riko Member

Raptors game in Toronto

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Nope. There will be alot less money available in FA this year, unlike 2 years ago. You will be surprised what guys are going to have sign for. There will be Max guys and a lot of guys in the 5 to 12 million range. There will be almost middle class.

4. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I honestly haven't been looking at what teams that have cap space so maybe. Just looked at the stupid contracts being handed out the last few years to average-mediocre players and thought Clint would easily get 20m+

5. ballscientist1

Knicks have 30 million cap space after Kanter, Baker and O'Quinn option out. Scary!

Would you match the offer sheet if Knicks offer 27 million starting year? (Harrison Barnes Salary 94 million)

If all 5 stars stay with the current teams, ......

6. ballscientist1

In July, Rockets will be the biggest scary salaries.

If Paul wants supermax?

Spending 200 million without Ariza, LMM, Wright, Green, Johnson.

7. ballscientist1

How much is Kanter worth? opt out 19 million a year.

My opinion:

4 years 80 million

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clint isn't worth more than 10M/ yr max in my opinion, but he may get offers up to 14-15 M based on upside. His upside isn't all that much, partly because of lack of effort, and confidence on offense. Defensively, he should be able to get better with hard work and experience.
    He can become a better role player, but not a star. That's good enough, if he is willing to put in the work to get better.

9. ballscientist1

Very few young free agents are good. His starting salary could hit 27 million. It is called crazy. James Dolan is crazy, so is Mark Cuban.

They don't need to pay luxury taxes. They need to meet team minimum salary at 91 million next year.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Thought about suggesting Capela’s nickname be “Dreamcatcher”, then realized it’s lame af. Anyways, here you go

11. saleem

Let them do that. If Tilman matches it, he won't get a 27 M man back.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Capela only works on a team with a premier point guard and tons of shooters. On any other team he will struggle. His game is to be an outlet valve for double teams or bad switches on Harden or Paul. So you need a team with that kind of player and a bunch of floor spacers for him to be effective.

I don't think he's going get offered 20+ million.

saleem likes this.
  13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Cuban signed Harrison barnes to a max deal two years later. He hasn't learned his lesson.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Sir, you are crazy, so I will defer to your opinion,

Would you offer Clint Capela 27 million, knowing that you are only betting against yourself, effectively hamstringing your team for years to come?

Williamson likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IMO the Playoffs are a different territory. If he still averages around 16 and 10. That's some great progress.

Officially the third wheel.

16. saleem

I wouldn't say great progress, but I would consider it be a promising step forward.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes,

First Parsons with a high dollar salary and crazy trade kicker on a player with a PER of 14, when average is PER 15

Second Harrison Barnes/Bogut. Has that worked out for the Mavs? Really?

Has he still not learned his lesson?

Build thru the draft if you can’t attract talent in free agency like D Morey can. It helps if you can envision
    chemistry on and off the court to go with system scheme(s). Surely Cuban knows neither.

Paging @swyyyguy

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lmao why are you tagging me?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Clint is far more valuable in the rockets system, because of his youth and hands.. Not too many centers are so well in sync,, D'andre jordan is taller and considered more athletic yet he never averaged more then 12.5 a game, Clint is amazingly suited for this type of offence.. I really dont think he will be more then a 10-12 points in any other system, mostly with put backs and couple of lobs.. His offense any where outside of 3 feet is attrocious

saleem likes this.
  20. ballscientist1

Morey gets my grade A this season.

Morey will get my Big F in July.

My projection is Rockets will spend 238 million next season if he keeps 4 free agents:

Paul, Capela, Ariza and LMM.

That is the highest salary in history, lost 80 million in cash?