1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Class of underrated

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Normalus, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

Last year I brought up idea to sign Robert Covington as underrated player. This year I see potential in Spencer Dinwiddie. He may end up as elite peace of the cake.

[youtube]W_8FX6VbbNw[/youtube]

2. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Some guys I find to be underrated right now:

- TJ Warren: Big bodied SF who's already one of the best scorers in CBB as a Sophomore. He has the touch/craftiness/size to translate that scoring ability. He may never be a plus defender or a great athlete, but for a guy with a standout skill like his, he shouldn't be ranked lower than #20 (I have him at 15, most have him in the 25-40 range).

- Jordan Adams: Another guy who has size for his position but lacks great athletic ability, so his impressive production gets overlooked. He's only 19, and has impressive scoring instincts and is one of the premier ballhawks in CBB on defense (3.4 spg; 4.6 per 40. I have him at #25, but most have him in the 2nd or even undrafted...

- Aaron Harrison: I don't love his game, but he has been overlooked on this year's UK squad. He's been the most consistent 2-way performer amongst all the Freshman on that team, yet James Young (who's been inefficient and at times, a chucker) and his brother Andrew Harrison (who's looked lost trying to run an offense, and doesn't always give it 100%) get far more attention (Randle has obviously earned it). He can defend, create his own shot and he has solid size as well. I have him in the late-1st, and ranked higher than his brother.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Spencer and I went to high school together and it's pretty strange that he's going to be a pro now. I never really saw that in him. This was supposed to be DeAndre Daniels entering the league.

4. Muaz

Muaz Member

NIK STAUSKAS

Man he is too good

he's got solid size, he can shoot lights out from anywhere, and he's only gotten better this year. taking more shots and making them at a higher clip, plus he is doubled an focused on a lot more this year and he's only done better. he'd be the perfect sixth man scoring sparkplug/ back up wingman the rockets need. we could use him in smallball rotaions wiht parsons at the four put him in when harden needs a break it would be great man plus we could probably get him in the second round or trade up with our pick and cash considerations or somethign lol

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I like Stauskas as well, I forgot to include him and also DeAndre Kane (Iowa State).

Kane has been written off by most because he's 24, but he's been one of the most complete players in the country (putting up 17/7/6 on a 14-2 ISU team). Unlike the countless 6'4" and 6'5" SGs that NBADraft.net tries to sell as future giant PGs, Kane actually has PG ability in his 6'4" 210 frame. He's big, athletic, dynamic with the ball, and has a passable J (his FTs need work). He has some defensive upside as well. I think he'd be a great 2nd round value.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

Aaaand that sucks for him. :(

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Spencer Dinwiddie has a torn ACL, out for season: By Jon Woods
    The Buffaloes will now have t... <a href="http://t.co/7dTDqWwaAP">http://t.co/7dTDqWwaAP</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gobuffs&amp;src=hash">#gobuffs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cubuffs&amp;src=hash">#cubuffs</a></p>&mdash; Allbuffs (@Allbuffs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Allbuffs/statuses/422899349878620161">January 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Muaz

Muaz Member

nother strong game from stauskas yesterday his ball handling has gotten alot better and he's attacking the rim more i didnt even know he lead the team in assists as well lol

8. ironariza

ironariza Member

greek freak ‘s brother in nbdl

So Tall so strong and so quick

he can defend sg/sf

9. Muaz

Muaz Member

That clutch 3 in the fourth along with upsetting Wisconsin is doing well for stauskas's stock but bad for us lol. Draft express has him in the mid 20s now but I expect him to go even higher with these conference games and the tourney right around the corner.

10. Muaz

Muaz Member

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

Maybe there is some people who watch Florida State Seminoles games regulary? Need some help.

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/...er-dinwiddie-will-forego-senior-year-declares

NBAdraft.net - Spencer Dinwiddie 6'6'' 200lbs PG/SG Colorado Jr. - Late first to undrafted (28-45).

If I'm right we have a pick #42, also we could sign him if he's undrafted for some reason I would never understand ;)

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Spencer Dinwiddie is an interesting player. ACL injury aside, he's definitely underrated.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

nbadraft.net now has Spencer Dinwiddie as #42 to Houston Rockets, that's coinfidence for sure, but hope it will be that way on the draft day

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

[youtube]N3Yrm8dxYo8[/youtube]

16. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Yo breh, what's with the Dante Exum will be a bust in your sig, what gives

Haha dinwiddie in the interview says he's harden, not the harden in The playoffs because he didn't pass but in the normal season
    Also says he isn't like his defence

Cop that superstar

#16 Voice of Aus, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  17. Normalus

Normalus Member

my sig says Dante will be a star, Randle will be a bust

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

Mitch McGary will be a HUGE steal who might even fall to the 2nd round. That should be our guy @ 25.

20. Normalus

Normalus Member

Just a month ago he was ranked as ''mid 2nd rounder to undrafted''