1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Brooks to get chance, TMac to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Dec 19, 2007.

1. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/feigen/5389328.html

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Looking forward to this. You can't expect too much, but I do hope Brooks is aggressive and less of a "trying to fit in" point for the halfcourt game.

3. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Good news. It shouldn't be difficult to find him minutes ahead of some guys.

4. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

As am I. This experiment definitely can't hurt.

Is Rafer out tonight?

5. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

we can't go any worse...

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Well, the youth is a good thing, and there's only one way for him to become experienced.

7. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

No, he is listed as a probable starter via that same link.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Looks like if Head, Francis and James don't bring it, Brooks will get opportunity.

9. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Hopefully they can find him some extra small shorts so they're not hanging down past his calves like they have been. I'd like him to be able to dribble.

10. rocketsmetalspd

AB should just play his game and I hope T-Mac does not demand the ball from AB. T-Mac should play off of AB, let AB be the pg. I do not want to see T-Mac as the so call pg while AB is on the court.

11. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Yeah I saw that, but last I thought we heard, he was doubtful to play and I hadn't heard any updates since then...

Whatever I guess...but if Rafer is playing, I'd like to see AB be his sub so we can play with 2 traditional PG's tonight and see how that goes.

12. GRB

GRB Member

Good news. I guess this IS the adjustment that we keep talking about.
    Benching most of the players is no good. Gotta improve in making changes.

Way to go, Rick! :)
    Now, I believe he will be much better as a coach than Jeff.
    'cause, he will have more players to fight for him, especially in playoffs.

13. dunkinlos

dunkinlos Contributing Member

This is one thing I definitely like about Adelman... he's not afraid to plug anybody in and believes in all of his players.

This may be why a lot of people's shooting percentages have dropped so much because everyone's starting "job security" got thrown out the window (minus T-Mac and Yao)

14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I don't know but whenever Yao is playing on the court, it will be a halfcourt game and every other Rockets need to "fit in". Brooks is a terrific 3 point shooter so perhaps his on court confidence could be built up from knocking down those open 3 pointers kicked out by Yao? Or perhaps the best for Brooks is to "avoid" playing him with Yao?

The combination of TMac, Bonzi, Socla, Landry, Brooks would be fun to watch on the offensive end.

One thing Coach Adelman does better than JVG is he will not hestitate to play rookies.

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Stop talking like an old geezer. You don't really want to see him in a pair of Stockton-esque testicle squeezers, do you? :)

I'm looking forward to this too. Hopefully, he gets some penetration, hits a few buckets and doesn't turn it over too often.

16. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Lol, nah I'd definitely prefer what he's got now to Stockton-esque. But he does look like 60% shorts out there on the court...

17. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

I, too, applaude Adelman for this. I hope it's not just a couple of minutes here and there. Please give him a legit shot by playing him 20+ minutes for enough games to get his confidence. I fully suspect his shot will be off at first, because of nervousness. I believe this guy is the shooter we've been looking for. If Rick gives him an opportunity to become consistent he will, he has a beautiful stroke and is super quick.

18. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

That is so true! :D

Every time I watch my Longhorns play, they look like they are playing in skirts -- koulots at best. The Rockets aren't quite as bad, but the more diminuative players like Brooks look like they should be in high heels rather than sneakers. ;)

BTW, if Brooks could play like Stockton, we would no longer be in PG purgatory.

19. tulexan

tulexan Member

It's about time. I think he has a ton of potential with his speed and shot. I'm not saying he is going to be Chris Paul, but look how much we (and other teams) struggle against his speed.

20. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I like his game, but his attitude and energy might the most important contribution he can give the Rockets right now.