1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's not just a Southern thing. There are more KFC's in China than there are in the US. Pretty much the whole world loves fried chicken in some form or fashion.

sammy and Sajan like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was just too much breading.
    Crust every where
    It was tasty but the crust and breading was too much

Rocket River

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Okay, there's GOT to be a good story behind this?

4. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Some co-workers and I are going to get some popeyes and chic fil a and do the back to back taste test. Although, seems like they're selling out, so hopefully not in the early lunch hour.

5. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

No sandwiches near me. We called ahead. Very disappoint.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Whoever is in charge of Popeye's corporate marketing is a complete genius.

7. Buck Turgidson

Oh, no doubt on the fried chicken, I was thinking more of some of the other "black foods" like I mentioned.

Latin America loooooves them some fried chicken too, and Korean/Thai/Asian bird is amazing stuff.

Funny, now that I think about it, the place I least associate with fried chicken is Europe, unless it's a breaded cutlet smothered in some sauce, ala chicken parm.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fresh watermelon juice with a little sugar is the best.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cut up some watermelon pieces on it so you swish it in your mouth like picante sauce =winning.

sammy and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Oh, man, I haven't planted a watermelon patch in a few years (because they're kind of a pain in the ass and you need a lot of space), but you can do so many great things with the juice. Agua frescas, margaritas, popsicles....

sammy likes this.
  11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Meant to post this in my reply the other day. Like buck said, you pretty much nailed it.

https://www.food.com/recipe/cane-sauce-for-dippin-chicken-233189

#71 tmoney1101, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

But ima a batter boy, baby. I gotta have my spices.

I’m not a fan of fat fries. I like them thin greasy and salty. Never met a crinkle fry that wasn’t fat.

All of Popeyes sides are awesome. Cajun fries, red beans and rice, Cajun rice, mashed potatoes and Cajun gravy oohwee.

I know it’s not chicken but shout out to DQ for hanging tough with steak fingers. I can’t think of another place that serves them anymore, but I get them every now and then and they really bring me back.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I started back on keto a couple weeks ago, and both have good options, albeit not a ton of variety of options.

At Chic Fil A, I get the nuggets or grilled nuggets (their breading doesn't have a ton of carbs since it's not super thick), in a meal. Instead of fries I get a side salad and have a buffalo chicken salad with ranch, mmmmm.

Popeyes, though. Man oh man. Popeyes has the best keto fast food meal there is. And this explains why Popeyes is the real winner here. Popeyes Blackened Chicken Fingers. Best low carb fast food meal out there. Get a five piece and dip it in ranch and I'm in heaven. Maybe one of the best overall fast food meals out there when paired with a biscuit and red beans and rice.

Anyways, back to the sandwiches.

astros99 likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Agreed, not a big fan of crinkle fries. I love Popeyes seasoned fries and KFC's potato wedges. I don't like KFC's chicken, though. The fried chicken is so salty, and the tenders are majority breading. Popeyes has the best fast food spicy chicken, and the tenders are good but sometimes too thin and overbattered. I need to try the sandwich sometime.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I thought KFC was supposed to have a better chicken sandwich than Chic Fil A? Now it is Popeyes? Maybe the contest should be KFC vs Popeyes? As for my choice, I go to the easiest to get to. The fact remains Chic Fil A locations are everywhere and easy to get to. KFC and Popeyes are drives to BFE and scarcer. No thank you.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I can give you a +1 on the blackened chicken strips. Those are outstanding

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  17. King1

KFC is awful. I don't know how anyone could vouch for that over Chic Fil a or Popeyes

18. Buck Turgidson

I've had blackened redfish, and it's great, but what is blackened chicken? Burned?

eta: the thing I hate about chic-fil-a is that they do not have onions. None onions. Their pickles suck so if you get a spicy deluxe sammich...you can't get onions on it.

#78 Buck Turgidson, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  19. King1

Just a coat of their cajun seasoning. It's technically not actually blackened but it's good. You actually get bigger and fresher strips because they don't typically have them already made. I normally have to pull around the front and wait around 10 minutes for them to come out

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Where is this you're talking about?