1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't see why it would be so dangerous. People are quite respectful at Popeyes.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Late to the party but finally tried these stupid things last weekend, yeah I don't get the big deal....they were ok, don't see myself rushing out to get it again though....

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This man has “victim” written all over his face.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Had Popeye's sandwich recently. It's a bigger piece of chicken and meal portion overall. It's also greasier and I don't really like the lack of dipping sauce options. It's just some mix of mayo and whatever spice they throw on the bun and I'm not really the biggest mayo fan. I'd be less of a fan of Chick-Fil-A's spicy sandwich for instance if the bun was layered in chick-fil-a mayo dipping sauce. My friends love that stuff. I'm also not a big fan of dipping pizza into ranch because then the food stops tasting like pizza and just tastes like ranch. To each their own though.

Also feel less bleh internally after eating Chick-Fil-A. Maybe it's use of peanut oil over whatever Popeye's uses but I feel greasy after eating Popeye's and don't eating Chick-Fil-A.

sammy likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Not the biggest KFC fan but their sandwiches are good and plentiful. You can get the regular sized or the smaller Zinger. I first had one 20 years ago and still remember. Its just crispy strips on a bun but their dressing adds to it

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I saw that drive-thru line and just had to laugh. The things people do for a chicken sandwich.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The first "In and Out Burger" in Houston opens on Friday. That line is going to be silly.

DreamShook and tinman like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm surprised no one has gotten shot, body slammed, or choked while waiting for hours at an in n out.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It shouldnt, if these people know any better.

10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I think when Carls Jr came to town, there was a line. Pretty sure there will be a big one. Probably for a while.

11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

we have several up here - it's way overrated

DreamShook likes this.
  12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never had it, but I'm sure you are correct.

But tulip mania is not about how good the tulips are. It's about novelty and scarcity.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

kinda like Whatachiburger.

tinman likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The lettuce can be so underwhelming at Whataburger

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Never understood the point of lettuce on a burger. They're almost always better without it.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Maybe at Fatburger

tinman likes this.
  17. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I hate lines 80x more than I like chicken sandwiches.

peleincubus, arkoe and The Hunted like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

OK, Ausinites, here ya go. My next chicken sammich will be at this place, anyone been there?

https://pollolasabuelas.com/

https://www.austin360.com/entertain...ried-chicken-sandwiches-at-pollos-las-abuelas

Thanks for coming, Popeyes. Don’t let the door hit you on your way out, Chick-fil-A. Two of the biggest names in fried chicken did battle last summer over fried chicken sandwich supremacy. While both chains have their positives and negatives, neither comes close to the crunchy, flavorful greatness that is Pollos Las Abuelas.

Matt Reinhart, who served as the executive chef at Snap Kitchen for six years after a career in hotels and restaurants, opened the food trailer in South Austin in 2018. The name honors his two grandmothers, one from Illinois who had a knack with fried chicken and the other from the Rio Grande Valley, and the other from the Rio Grande Valley, whose culinary skills were influenced by her family’s native Mexico.

The Houston native weds their two styles, serving a thick fried chicken breast that’s been brined in a solution that includes buttermilk, vinegar and hot sauce and sandwiched in a floppy Martin Potato Roll hanging on for dear life.

The Original ($8.50) offers an introduction to the Mexican flavors, with cilantro, pickled cabbage slaw, onion and lime mayonnaise, while a shimmer of árbol-garlic oil, chipotle mayo and creamy jalapeño salsa bring heat to the Espicy ($9.25).

Forced to pick a favorite, I’d choose the relatively minimalist, creamy H-Town ($10.25), with its shmear of queso and avocado, as well as ripples of roasted serrano crema, or the maximalist El MartÍn (served on weekends), with its fried egg and pliant Mexican Coke-glazed bacon.

How did a chef who helped build a healthful chain decide to move onto fried chicken?

“I wanted to cook the food I loved,” Reinhart said.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^that sounds delicious...I still haven't had the popeye's version...

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

^ from the website pictures, looks like "Let's take our fav taco and hamburgers and make them chicken sandwiches, instead."

Think I'd rather have the classic, no-fuss, chicken sammich, if I don't want a taco or hamburger.