1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gonna wait for the real experts like Jeff and Fatty to chip in on this before I open my mouth and make myself look stupid.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I had Chicken Express once. It tasted like knockoff Golden Chick to me. I still haven't tried Bush's, but I heard good things. I need to try this Popeye's sandwich.

3. Buck Turgidson

It's hard to **** up spicy fried chicken slapped inside some good bread

boomboom likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

actually never had a chicken sandwich from Popeyes...Chick-fil-A needs to step their spicy chicken game up, that’s all I’m gonna say

don’t be calling it spicy when that sandwich is just as mild as the regular...

Nook likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't understand the battle either, Popeyes has had both the regular and spicy chicken sandwich going back for at least two decades. Makes no sense to me why this is suddenly a war. I never understood the love for ChickFilet. Popeyes is much better.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

I follow Daym Drops and he said they were both very similar. I haven't had one yet because I live nowhere near one, and I haven't been driving in the past 10 months.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’d eat a sandwich made out of nothing but Popeyes breading an crust.

LonghornFan likes this.
  8. tmoney1101

The way their line spills out onto the feeder and blocks traffic so much that they have to have a cop stand out there and direct is annoying as hell too.

donkeypunch likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Whats so ****ing weird is, its not just A location like this, its every ****ing location. WTF? Their stand in conservatism/marketing is the most mind blowing thing thats happen to blow them the **** up. I mean their product is good(not great) and the service is stupendous, but Im not waiting an hour in line for a chicken sandwich, just like I wouldnt wait more than 2 hours for bbq.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Even with the long lines, it never takes longer than 10 minutes.

11. tmoney1101

While we’re on the subject of fried chicken, raising canes sucks too. Literally all they have is the sauce. Their fried chicken is just ok and their sides suck ass. The sauce is super easy to make at home too. I used to buy the tenders from the market at Randalls (super slept on) and make the sauce at home.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I agree that Canes sucks but I actually like their tenders. Their sauce is what sucks to me. Dont even get me started on their sides- how you gonna serve tenders with no mashed potatoes? Fugg that.

If I had to guess at their sorry sauce- mayo, ketchup, worcestershire, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. Been a very very long time since I had that crap but Im sure thats not far off.

tmoney1101 and boomboom like this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Y can’t u guys eat healthy like normal people

14. tmoney1101

I was absolutely appalled when I went there for the first (and last) time and they said they didn’t have mashed potatoes. I couldn’t even wrap my mind around it. I was dumbfounded, I almost cancelled my order. Ok, well what do ya got? Freaking coleslaw and crinkle cut fries and that’s it. **** that place.

boomboom and donkeypunch like this.
  15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Cane's fried chicken is fried to perfection. Crispy outside, tender meat. Yes, their batter isn't great, but it's tasty with the Cane's sauce. Their bread is good. Fries are okay, they have to be crispy and modestly salted to be good which isn't very consistent. Not a fan of coleslaw in general. Their lemonade is really good. Chick Fil-A's lemonade is way too sugary/sour and has to be watered down by half to be drinkable.

16. Buck Turgidson

2 parts mayo to 1 part ketchup, garlic powder, woosh, salt and pepper. You pretty much nailed it.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

:confused:

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Bush's tastes just like Golden Chick. One must have copied the other because I couldn't tell the difference.

19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I tried the Popeyes sandwich a few months ago and there was to much breading on it for my liking but it was tasty once I took a bunch of that off. There both pretty good, mix in the red beans and rice and thats a great side.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, thought this was a joke thread. I guess i will try the popeyes sandwich. I like chick fila a lot.

FranchiseBlade likes this.