1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Change order of search results

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by durvasa, May 29, 2017.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It looks like the default order for search results is "by relevance".

I find this less useful than the search order being by date.

Unlike a typical web search, I'm usually looking for a particular post when I do search, not just searching for any posts relevant to a search string. So "by relevance" doesn't really help all that much, especially since there's really no way for me to know how how "relevant" the search engine's algorithm deems what I'm looking for.

Is it possible to change this default search order?

2. Buck Turgidson

Click the More button before you search, there's an option to sort results by date.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I know. I would like to make that the default search order, so I don't have to click into the advanced search options each time.

Wanting a search that is by date (most recent to oldest) seems like the most common use case.

4. Buck Turgidson

Oh, well, I hate your idea then.

Maybe give an option/column on the search results page to click to sort by date, ascending/descending.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with durvasa. When I use search, it's to find an old post I remember. And, I always sort by date. But, I also always used the Advanced Search so I can pick the forums, pick a date range, maybe who wrote the post. So, I can switch the sort order at the same time. What the default is doesn't much matter to me. But, if you prevail upon Clutch to switch it, that's cool.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I usually just use google to look for certain threads - "(subject) clutchfans" yields good results usually.