1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CFB Week 14

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 30, 2017.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is very weird since he is leaving.

UCF has to make a coaching hire soon and the new guy is supposed to recruit for UCF and only observe practice until the bowl game?

Frost has to prepare UCF for their biggest bowl game ever AND recruit for Nebraska at the same time? Has he guaranteed all of his assistants jobs while they help prepare for the bowl game?

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Had to read that tweet twice. Very strange indeed but kudos to Frost for leaving with class. Most guys would've been on the first flight tomorrow. Sure NU would like him to start right away but Frost and the players, above all, should get a chance to see this season all the way through.

4. gucci888

So the only question left is whether tOSU jumps Bama right?

5. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Looks like we're going to get a couple of snoozers in the ACC and Big Ten title games.

Wisconsin seems to be struggling with Ohio State's speed and athleticism, and Miami hasn't done anything to slow down Clemson.

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

The Dr. Pepper tuition football toss is just great television. They should do a 64-person NCAA Tournament-style bracket of Dr. Pepper tosses and televise the thing next weekend, when all we have is Army-Navy. I'd tune in.

7. Major

Major Member

I believe it's happened several times at smaller schools when the coaches leave amicably after major successes. Not quite the same, but Tom Herman got hired by UH but stayed at OSU through the playoffs. Still had the same problem of recruiting and preparing for UH while at another school.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blowouts galore in all these championship games. Memphis/UCF was close/good. And I guess Stanford/USC last night. But the rest? Not so much.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

well according to their social media, theyre both watching their respective games at home

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

watch alabama is still going to get in at 4 with ohio state's win

11. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Down year in college football for sure. Boring all around plus the worst Heisman race in a few years

#31 Hustle Town, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  12. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

The halftime crew on Fox is absolutely insufferable.

On if a 2 loss Ohio St team is more deserving than Alabama:

1. Wannstedt: "Absolutely, the real argument should be between Ohio St and USC and which of those teams deserves to be in."
    2. Leinhart: "Agreed, and when you look at it Ohio St has a much stronger resume than Alabama. Not to mention if they win they would be conference champion."
    3. Robert Smith: "a big fat turd in my mouth plus I went to Ohio St so I agree."

I hate Alabama as much as anyone, but if Wisconsin loses they should absolutely without a doubt be in. They probably would win it.

I love how these clowns conveniently forgot that just LAST SEASON Ohio St lost 1 game to Penn St and therefore didn't play in the Big 10 title game and they were vaulted ahead into the playoff. It's an absolute joke. Hopefully the committee doesn't F this up royally bc the media bs.

13. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

They absolutely should. Alabama has one loss--to Auburn who beat two #1 teams this year... Meanwhile Ohio St has two losses at minimum and got smoked at Iowa. Not to mention they play in a weaker conference. It really shouldn't even be a conversation.

The whole conference champion bs? Look what happened with Ohio St just last season. It's a ****ing joke.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

already expected it to happen. a rematch matchup of clemson/alabama is just too good to pass up

edit: now if wisc happens to pull it out, then yeah bama is left out on the bubble haha

#34 YOLO, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Turf monster.

16. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

As weak as I believe Wisconsin to be if they win tonight they deserve to be in. You can only win the games you play.

17. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

The only place Wisconsin was was weak in was QB. That burned them last night.

A_3PO likes this.
  18. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

They don't fit the eye test for me. There was a reason Ohio St was favored. Wisconsin isn't athletic enough on either side of the ball and that's why they struggled last night.

19. gucci888

Yet they still had a shot at winning the game at the end. But I agree, they just couldn't match up with tOSU's athleticism.

20. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Don't get me wrong they are still a tough, physical team. Their O-line is terrific. You don't go 12-0 as a pushover. But they didn't have the weapons on the perimeter on either side of the ball and it burned them.

I swear if Ohio St leverages their way into this thing I'm gonna riot. At least Alabama would challenge Clemson and would have a good chance to win.