1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

CF Fans Smeg Fantasy Footy 2013

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I think this might be the updated keeper list from last season from Moes...

Keeper List so Far

1 - PSJ - Drew Brees
    2 - Rockets34 - Adrian Peterson
    3 - Jent - ?
    4 - fade - Ray Rice
    5 - Sam - megatron
    6 - Flash21 - Aaron Rodgers
    7 - Rook - ?
    8 - Longhorn - LeSean McCoy
    9 - Pete - Rob Gronkowski
    10 - Smeg - Tom Brady
    11 - Ziggy - Chris Johnson
    12 - Moe - Jimmy Graham

If it's different, please update the list.

2. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Wait we can choose a different keeper from last season right?

3. Rockets34Legend

I thought whatever keeper we chose last season, we roll with this season.....don't know. :confused:

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, we aren't re-keeping the old keepers. That's crazy talk.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Interested in Morris. What are you thinking? Email me through the board if you want, you don't have that option enabled so I couldn't email you.

6. Pete Chilcutt

Yeah I think you designate one player from the previous roster to keep. I

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah from what it sounds, we have 1 keeper this year while forfeiting our 1st round pick for next year.

Whoever you choose should hopefully be worth a 1st round pick lost next season, with the possibility of keeping up to 2 players from what I understood.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm confused. Once this is clarified can someone clarify if...
    1. This is still non-PPR
    2. Passing TD's = 6 or 4 pts?
    3. 300+ yd games - any bonus?
    Wait, screw it, where are the league rules? The fanstar site cleared em' all.

9. Pete Chilcutt

And going forward (next year) if we keep someone from this year's draft we will loose the pick for the round that they were drafted..

Ah I'll just focus on this season lol :confused:

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly.

11. Rockets34Legend

So for clarification - keepers from last season are not transferring over to this season and this season will be the start of keepers for future seasons?

12. Pete Chilcutt

Ziggy,

Enabled the option...I need some clarification though from anyone who knows..

If we trade a player for a X round pick. Do we also have to trade a later round pick to the other team in order for everyone to have the same amount of draft picks?

Example: X round pick for Morris to Pete
    Y round pick to Zig

13. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wholly crap, guys, switching from Fanstar to Yahoo comes with a lot of issues, especially in regards to the draft. Here is our problem:

We are doing an offline slow draft like we always do with all these leagues (football, baseball and basketball), these always drive you nuts, but they are fun to do and we are not messing with CF tradition!!!

With Fanstar you could set the timer for each pick (such as 4 hours) and if the pick was not taken, it was skipped and the next person would pick. With Yahoo or any of the others, that option is not there....so we would have to go with the time you posted the pick on CF message board. Which could cost problems, don't know.

Secondly, we won't have an easy way to see what picks have been made unless we find a way to do a spreadsheet where everyone can enter the picks in as well.

So we have a couple of options, we can do the draft on Fanstar then transfer it all over to Yahoo or just do the draft on the BBS (with its times) and a spreadsheet we can update..... After which I will then enter into the Yahoo site.

14. Rocketball

Supporting Member

1. It is not a PPR
    2. Passing TD's - 6pts
    3. Bonuses for passing yards, running yards, and receiving yards

The Fanstar site still has them, under rules, then need to select each position to see scoring rules.

15. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Yes you do

16. Rockets34Legend

Rocketball, can you answer the question I posted 15 min ago? Just need clarification...

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Won't we have to pay to use Fanstar's site even if it's just for drafting purposes?

I think either way can work, us using the BBS would work but everyone would have to make sure they email the person with the next pick since there won't be a notification sent to your email.

With Fanstar we already know that's what comes with the site.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Still confused on keepers. Are they rolled over this year and nobody loses their first round pick? What if we choose not to declare a keeper (I traded McCoy) if this is the case? I really do not have a person on my roster worth a first round pick (for a keeper) and I'm done trading since I have 2 3rd round picks and 2 5th rounders as well unless someone has a player that is indeed a true keeper and worth it.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I vote for whichever one is more difficult for you to accomplish.

20. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Keeper Rules:

1. Everyone as we were originally set up, will have 1 keeper from their team last season that needs to be declared prior to the draft. Everyone will have one, so no penalties (draft picks lost) this year.
    2. Moving forward after this season, the Keeper rules will change somewhat to the following:

a. You will have the option to have 0, 1, or 2 Keepers from the previous season.
    b. If you keep a player, you lose the draft pick in the round you picked him in the previous years draft (no later than round 15) - (so FA picks that were not drafted or ones drafted after round 15 that you want to keep would count towards your Round 15 pick).
    c. Those keepers from this year, if you decide to keep them next year will cost a first round pick.
    d. As for players that you keep for the second year, that draft pick slot moves up 5 spots. For Example: If I drafted Andrew Luck in the 12th round last season, I can keep him and lose my 12th round pick this season...if I decide to keep him again the following year that moves to a 7th round pick.
    e. You can only have a keeper for 2 consecutive years then he must be put back in the draft pool or traded.
    f. You can decide keepers up to the day of the draft (trades as well), especially after knowing the draft order. That can be done either by random order, or worst to first order.