1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs part ways with GM David Griffin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 19, 2017.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Cleveland feels like we never actually know who is in control. Sometimes it's LeBron, sometimes it was Griffin, sometimes it's Gilbert. It's a humongous power struggle.

LeBron needs to go to a team with a weak GM and a weak owner. Someone who will let him run things.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Please oh please let Chauncey get the job. He'll run that franchise into the ground in less than 2 years.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You can NEVER second-guess a move that delivers a title in 2 yrs. Hell, without that illegal arm-bar to Love by Kelly Olynyk, they win the first year of the trade. Regardless, the trade delivered exactly what it was supposed to deliver.

You've got a weird definition of "terrible", or you just hate Wiggins.

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You've got a weird definition of "terrible", or you just hate Wiggins.[/QUOTE]

He's not good at anything outside of 1 on 1 scoring where's just ok (though he's young, he can certainly develop). But being a horrible defender, passer, rebounder makes him pretty bad.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Things billups is pondering:

6. heypartner

lulz. If Billups really said he's pondering those two points, sounds like he already wants to fire Little Lindy Lue and is afraid LeBron will get pissed and bolt if he does.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The worst thing is this is the only candidate Gilbert has even interviewed and thinking about hiring

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Glad he didn't take that job. Maybe Phil Jackson? :rolleyes:

Scola Scoops likes this.
  11. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Man that would really piss off lebron and his posse

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... if Chauncey doesn't see the Cavs situation as stable and attractive....

[​IMG]

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. heypartner

Billups: "As I have conveyed before, ultimately I would like to lead a team's basketball operation and be a part of a successful franchise. But presently, the timing just isn't right to delve into that role in Cleveland."
    Ouch

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

The only move they've made this offseason is firing their GM

I'd be mad if I was Lebron too and saw the warriors add a little more depth while the cavs stand still after basically getting swept

18. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Good...good. Next season is ours for the taking. Come to your second home in Houston, Bron.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/08/01/d...on-anthony-davis-trade-lebron-james-cavaliers
    • “Everything we did was so inorganic and unsustainable and, frankly, not fun. I was miserable,” Griffin says. “Literally the moment we won the championship I knew I was gonna leave. There was no way I was gonna stay for any amount of money.”
    • Griffin celebrated at first, then collapsed on his office floor in tears after James’ letter ran on SI.com, overwhelmed by the sudden pressure to deliver The King’s coveted ring. Noise around a superteam is deafening. It can cause combustible conditions. “The reason is LeBron is getting all the credit and none of the blame. And that’s not fun for people,” Griffin says. “They don’t like being part of that world.”
    • We won despite our culture to a huge degree. And I knew it. I knew what we weren’t doing,” he says. “There were so many things during that period of time that I wanted to do differently. If you make everything about, ‘It’s a destination. Damn the torpedos, I gotta get there,’ that might be the only time you get there.”
    • They of course found vindication in 2016, historically overcoming a 3-1 series deficit against the 73-9 Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals. The following season, however, brought that fantasy summer crashing back to reality. James’ contagious hunger to deliver a championship for Northeast Ohio dissipated. “There wasn’t a lot else for him,” Griffin says. “I don’t think he’s the same animal anymore about winning.”
    • Griffin never truly felt comfortable in his Cleveland skin. “And I knew it. I vibrate at a totally different frequency than that group, from an ownership perspective,” he says. “Getting away from it made me find who I really am. It’s funny: Bagger Vance, you know, ‘Your authentic swing?’ I know now, authentically, who I’m meant to be as a leader.”

hakeem94, Vivi and wesbound like this.
  20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I have no idea at all, but I do wonder if this is how Daryl feels now with Harden becoming LeBron-like in his control.

Invisible Fan and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.