1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cavs part ways with GM David Griffin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 19, 2017.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Get er done Morey.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. BackdoorHarden

Lebron is mad. Very mad. The barbershop talking how he didn't want to come back because he and his family couldn't stand Gilbert, but he had unfinished business, now business is finished and he's gone after this season.

LeBron James @KingJames
    [​IMG]

If no one appreciated you Griff I did, and hopefully all the people of Cleveland! Thanks for what u did for the team for 3 yrs! We got us 1

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i didn't realize griffin got there the year lebron did. for some reason i thought he had been there. pulled off some pretty good moves in his time, especially the jr and shumpert deal and however they got jefferson. of course, lebron plus kyrie plus #1 pick helps.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yup.

LeBron got the green light to leave if he wants to without hurting his legacy. Gilbert is going to take all the heat.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst: The trade David Griffin was working on yesterday, he has found a team to take Kevin Love, who had a pick in the lottery. He was taking that lottery pick & going out & shopping it. I don't know exactly for sure but sources have told me the team he was talking to was the Phoenix Suns at number four. If indeed the Phoenix Suns are interested at number four in Kevin Love & they can get that asset & bring it to the market with the Pacers or Bulls, I think they can make things interesting if indeed he can get that. Or maybe he was talking negotiations trying to sell something he didn't have. Those were the calls he was making at the moment it ended with him & Dan Gilbert.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dan Gilbert should just be grateful that he now has a championship in this god forsaken, small market.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So that's how Chauncey Billups emerges... makes sense now!!!

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Several rumors that indicate that Griffin was working a major deal to get a big time star not named Melo or Chris Paul...Jimmy Butler wouldve been a really nice get for the team. Kevin Love to Phx for the #4 pick...and then parlay it with a future first and expiring contracts for Jimmy Butler.

Too bad it all went up in smoke.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

At this point i'm not even sure Melo would waive his no trade clause to go there...what if Lebron leaves next summer and he's forced to stay there? Lol

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Love would be perfect for Phoenix.

12. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

If Cleveland loses out on an opportunity to parlay Love into Butler or George because they fired their GM during the week of trade negotiations, that will be one of the most amazing and hilarious things in NBA history.

However, it's hard to believe--why on Earth would Phoenix trade #4 for Love if that #4 could entice the Bulls to trade Butler? Why would Phoenix prefer Love over Butler. Now, if it's for George, I guess that's different. I still don't get it for Phoenix--I'd rather have a shot at a stud on a rookie deal than a good about-to-be-29 year old player with major defensive flaws (especially considering Booker is a major defensive minus too).

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. DMO (DJ remix)

In a vacuum, Butler is better, but i do think they could have more success with Love over Butler. Booker is clearly a 2, and they got enough guards as it is, if they could play Chris and Love together, they could be pretty great offensively, they would be nowhere near challenging for championships and etc with either Butler or Love, so why not get the one who will help more to at least make playoffs and a great offensive team.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[HoopsHype in Spanish] Dan Gilbert asked female employer to print HoopsHype's rumours page every morning.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Pretty much what you said zee... and he hated the style so he asked her if she could somehow get the Hoopshype page formatted in excel or PDF.

Apparently at the end they said the same to LeBron.... **shrugs**

17. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Love and Booker are both deficient defensively--Booker is awful, Love is merely poor. Teams would exploit them constantly on the pick-and-roll. Butler makes a ton more sense as a two-way star, IMO. He can definitely move to the 3--he's 6'7'', not exactly a small guard. He's a wing, you can play him as a 2 or 3.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Man..this is exactly why Cleveland f'd up by trading away Wiggins to get Love. They shouldve never done that trade. Cleveland is one season away from losing Lebron twice...
    Wiggins, Kyrie and Lebron wouldve been a better core to compete against the Warriors.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Wiggins has been terrible though, even if he becomes good at some point the cavs would have gotten nothing the last 3 years