1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl's Jr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by platypus, Jun 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. platypus

platypus Member

Is this place any good? They are opening one near where i live and i see it almost everyday. I only eat fastfood about once a week so i don't wanna use my cheat day on a ****ty burger.

Any clutch fans been? I know they have on in the copper-field area but I've never went, i always prefer What-A-Burger.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That one in Copperfield is near where I live, and no, it is not very good. Better than McD's or Burger King probably, but that's not saying much. Much better to go across the street and get Whataburger if you're determined to get a fast food burger.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Carl's Jr/Hardees has been on my "never eat there again" list ever since they served me a 1/3 pound soy barf burger.

4. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

I went to that one too, it's on Highway 6. Got a cold burger that wasn't any good, definitely will never go to a Carl's Jr again

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No. Whataburger is better.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

*cue the scene from "This Is The End"

7. Asian Sensation

You must be in amazing shape.

But to answer your question. The answer is no.

8. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

In before In and out > Whataburger (which it is :p)

I've had Carl's once and only had the Chicken Terriyaki sandwhich.

Meh...

9. platypus

platypus Member

I have a high body metabolism so a burger won't kill me :)

Meh looks like i'll stick to my regular #1 on wheat from Whataburger then.

10. platypus

platypus Member

I never understood the hype about that place.

I've had it once while visiting a friend in LA and it was good but nothing to "rave" over.

I feel the same way about Whataburger too, its just a burger, albit it's better than most burger joints.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not a huge fan of their food, but their commercials are worthwhile.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If I'm gonna go to a shorty fast food place, which I almost never do, I will go there over most places. I like eating their fried zucchini bites on road trips

13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

here here

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PJfFrhKoS84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

So i was pretty excited about Carl's jr. coming to houston since i see all the commercials on my nhl center ice all the time. Tried the one in bastrop (the teriyaki pineapple burger) and while good, just didnt sit right with me like a normal junk burger would.

Well, they opened one around the corner of work, Ella and 610, and i'm not impressed. Lots of options, but all these extras cannot cover the mediocre quality of the burger...

Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone tried the Culver's in the woodlands? I tried one for the first time in Wisconsin, and it rocked. :cool:

15. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

If you live in Texas, and I say this as politely but as firmly as possible "Leave"

16. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Tastes like Burger King to me

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've been to the one that opened up in Rosenberg. I got the Guacamole Six Dollar burger (had a coupon) and thought it was pretty good and a pretty hefty portion so it was worth the price. The Fries are good, but not as good as Wendy's or Whataburger. If I had to spend seven bucks on a meal I would definitely head to Whataburger or Wendy's first before Carl's Jr. It's certainly not the worst place to eat.

18. plates300

plates300 Member

Nothing beats the #1 from Whataburger with bacon, onions, and jalapenos. I only eat fast food once every couple of months but when I want fast food, #1 at Whataburger please.

19. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Carl's Jr is not ****ty. While not as good as In and Out, Carl's Jr also started out in the West Coast and is a very popular brand here. You can find one almost anywhere in So Cal and I like to have it every so once in awhile. Go ahead and use that cheat day.

#19 dmenacela, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    This.

Carl's Jr. is pretty damn good. Though I haven't had it in Houston so I dont know