1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Dukes leaves ESPN 97.5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Indaface, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

This was posted on the Blitz facebook page

First I want to thank Carl Dukes for everything he's done for the station. He really stabilized us as a station when he got here. This station was at its infant stages when he joined ESPN 97.5.

It's official. The Blitz will be moving to drive time from 4pm to 7pm starting Monday! I want to thank all our loyal Blitzers for sticking with us through thick and thin. Now off to crush the competition. (Jong)

So The Blitz moves to 4-7 timeslot and Dave Tepper and Jerome Solomon will be on from 12-2.

I never listened to Dukes because it was bad radio with Dave, but occasionally would listen to the Blitz during the midday (sometimes Matt Thomas can get old to listen to).

Not a big deal to me (I pretty much only listen to 790) but hadn't seen a thread on it.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Carl dukes was the only thing keeping that station alive. The blitz is okay, but I really don't care about betting on horse races so it doesn't do much for me. As much as I dislike 610 right now, Blitz won't be able to compete with them or 790 in the afternoons.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nothing against Carl Dukes but I got bored listening to him after 5 seconds the very few times I would tune in 97.5. Can't quite figure out what it was.

It wasn't that way a few years ago when he was on AM.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What is this 97.5 you speak of?

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Remember when it was Carl Dukes and Brad Davies on mornings when 790 first started? That was some of the worst radio I've heard. Crazy how far they've come.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I actually liked them together. Brad Davies gets a bad rap here in Houston. Not sure why he isn't liked.

The only time they really annoyed me was when they did "Guy Movies" and they both thought it was ridiculous when a caller suggested Tombstone. They laughed and mocked it for a segment.

8. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Dukes is trash. Later.

9. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I honestly forget 97.5 exists some times

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So umm... what's he gonna do?

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Looks like based on his twitter he's moving to a major market to do radio and tv.

Worst show ever was when 790 has lopez and davies as the monsters of the midday. Man 790 used to have some terrible talent.

When 1560 bought out 97.5 they should have just combined the stations into one. So much trash out there, glad we got Charlie and Lance from 3-7.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lopez is the common denominator in bad shows.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I was a heavy 97.5 listener, but not so much anymore. Calvin Murphy's old show is what initially got me to start listening. Dave Tepper is an idiot and was really starting to ruin The Drive. Especially after Julie Takahashi left.

The Blitz has kind of grown on me, I may tune in every once in a while on my way home from work.

14. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Calvin Murphy was the one that got me listening as well. Dave and Julie were just annoying most times to listen to.

15. Indaface

Indaface Member

It's an honor to be on with the Greatest of all Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!!!!

16. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I love the blitz and will absolutely listen during drive time.

12-2 with Tepper and Solomon is going to be TERRIBLE.

17. Bullric

Bullric New Member

Dukes

Personally I am glad that loud mouth homer is gone. Dukes was trash and ruined the station. If someone disagreed with him he would cut them off and he pushed his word or opinion as gospel. I grew tired real fast of the GET EM OUTTA HERE garbage. Good riddance. Bring back Murph!

1 person likes this.
  18. yobod

yobod Member

How will I hear about Wonderful Windows and Quick Weight Loss?

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yep.

I wish Calvin would come back to radio. His show was like...basically "the Rockets/NBA" evening show. It was amazing.

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I enjoy listening to The Blitz when I get a chance. Never was a fan of The Drive, you could really tell how they tried to make Dave the guy people hate. Their actual sports coverage was pretty much trash as well.