1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout Candidates 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 6, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Go to bed.

jiggyfly, saleem and King1 like this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

yeah, I got the same feeling.
    Turing back the clock, 7-8 monthes ago, people might think this team gonna fall apart ugly in some ways ever since the painful 2nd round exit, bad things came one after another subsequently, say floating rumors about stars getting beef, landing russ (being half demonized), bumpy first half season 54-game, finger-pointing at JH allover again etc., so much doomy n gloomy surrounding us! however, not until we standing at where we are today, will never understand all those seemingly misfortunes actually leading to a good one.
    while there are some silver lining shed in, a wile guess occurred to me that i.e. while end of last season JH said 'I know what problem we have' which actually a pondering on a systematic collapse resulting from 1) Ariza n luc's out, and old system changing into cloud-castle 2) CP3's fated decline thus dragging games into low-tempo that season 3) CC's lack of mid-range game gradually exposed, I believe Morey n MDA had long smelt the coming meltdown either in 2018-2019. imho, only putting ourself in the a/m picture narrative, the two blockbuster trades add up to small ball renaissance could logically speaks for itself.

me too! GSW top my short list of 'gotta beat teams'.
    im kinda old school guy. slash bros n Draymond routinely court side held early celebration totally giving no respect to opponents in any cases! sportsmanship-wise, that sucks!

I watched that either, totally cheap soap opera full of crap, I don't give a sh*t.

back to Yao & tmac era, MDA's suns did the same thing to Yao a million times (esp. by Nash, Stoudemire, Marion)! As I said in other post, I feel nothing but thrilled to enjoy the kinda play :) that is whenever opps' center exposed the ball in a second, say low-post ball handling, forced passing or stalling in hands, our wolf pack gonna scramble up grabbing it away hands down. LOL

true. the advantages rendering on paper is one thing, on court is the other.
    what I wanna mention here is, when we showing down in 2nd round or WCF w/ either LA team, unless we (rockets) overwhelmingly superior on scoreboard, say over 20% better, a dirty finger of this league stiring in games always there, no joke, dude. by that time, we could only pray things below got done today:
    1) MDA's game plans (A&B! brewing well in regular) and his daily discipline w/ players already there
    2) MDA cherishing opportunities to make immediate on court response and adjustment (no stubbornness, no free fall)
    3) DM's accomplishment of casting magic spells on our roster (still 1-2 open spot left till now)
    Keeping fingers crossed.

P.S.
    (now finished this using laptop) you could never know how fainted and awkward I was, while two thumbs of my hands typed on smartphone in the mean time searching n highlighting your quotes by scrolling the screen back n forth. :|
    before joining in CF (sign-up), I had imagined of getting my toes into debating based on statistics, and it comes to about, again, thanks for your sharing as well as other bros.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

@D-rock your wood got polished

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I was searching the Internet for the Morey quote after the Covington trade, about it not being so much an analytics thing
    as it is a rules thing. Rule thing being defenses can play more or less a zone, I’m guessing. Makes posting up very
    inefficient and players are able to play half way between their guy and help protect the post. Pack of wolves defensive
    mentality.

Anyway I came across this article on a Morey interview.

Some key points:
    *Capela-Covington fit with Westbrook/Harden

*Tilman payroll restrictions (Actually the opposite)

*Vegas odds after the trade speaks volumes

*People wonder how the Rockets are going handle the other teams big man......what other teams coaches must
    be saying

(Hope it’s not all over CF’s already)
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ckets-can-beat-lakers-after-trade/4686759002/

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Not all over yet i feel sure…i remember either d-rock or someone else recommend the article right after the big W over LAL. i once clicked it open with my Chrome in smartphone still awaiting to read.
    Its the 2nd time i clicking it open! I gotta read it now, dude~

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Since this is a thread about “Buyouts” I will just finish by saying how I loved how Morey ended that interview.

[ People will ask how are the Rockets going to defend this big man or that one.....what they don’t understand is
    coaches are out there afraid, asking themselves how is our big center going to be able to play? Who is he going to guard? ]

That my friend is the guy we pick out as our pigeon. If he doesn’t pop out to defend the 3.....money ball. Whoever the big center has to rotate out to. That’s called running the big center off the court as well.
    3’s vs 2’s.

Jokic, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, D12, JaVale McGee, Zubac (?Clippers), Steven Adams, Gobert, etc. If they play Montrez Harrell types, can they shoot 3’s and space the floor? Because our Small-Ball centers can .....and continue Pace n Space for Harden and Westbrook.

Goes with our topic of making other teams adjust to us.

I give you the last word. Looking forward to discussing other topics with you on other threads.

#1386 ApacheWarrior, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

sure.
    actually it's always a nice trip in this forum if we focusing on info absorbing, digesting and outputting, other than arguing. so it's great we wrapping up this discussion and I grabbing some solid statistics from you w/ hands down, after all searching for raw data is time consuming.

btw, fyr only, the article of ustoday you recommended did post by someone 1 week before, guess you missed, and most of us focusing on below paragraphs as I remembered.

Smacktle, ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's not make same mistake with Jonah Bolden if he becomes available in few days.

I would say the same for Justin Anderson.

I know Morey is reading!!!! LOL

9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I feel bolden > Anderson, maybe because I am more biased to french n Aussie players

anyway dun't know what morey is holding upon, dunt wanna let you down, I bet that's a veteran, cuz nerd dm trust in reliable statistics out of historical mass raw data

ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Jonah bolden needs to stay in the g league!

Mike d'antoni job and career is on the line so it's no time for messing around.

Danuel house was an ace and once in a lifetime find.

Same can be said of hartenstein perhaps next season.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are beyond DD level of always wrong, thank you for validating me.

LOL

King1 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

They are 2 different styles of players but styles we already know work in our system.

Bolden is similar to Covington 3ball shooting, rim protection, defensive tenacity but with more length.

Anderson is more PJ like with his strength, low center of gravity, length, 3ball shooting but more verticality (43") to rim protect and also ability to put ball on floor and attack the rim.

These guys would be plug and play right now. And they are also still so young.

RocketsTerps and DeBeards like this.
  13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Jonah bolden could never save mike d'antoni career in Houston.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

D'Antoni is here to stay!

You, the village idiot on the other hand, can go away.

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Time for somebody to get in Moe Harkless's ear tonight. Tell him about Breakfast Klub and the Turkey Leg Hut lmao.

RocketsTerps, D-rock and King1 like this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Got ya, you used two more lines guiding me to anderson :) but more about negative intro i seems

I luv these two kids
    But, I'm now more or less putting myself in DM's shoes and allow me guess he might not sign either of these tow kids until Bruno showed up in h-town jercey more than 5mins. The last thing DM wanna do is sign someone who being nailed down the bench until got rotten :/

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets likely to lose the following players next season - Rivers, Green, Carroll, Tyson.

Why not bring in 3 young players on cheap contracts for 2 year contracts, team option?

And plug and play does not necessarily mean MDA will play them, but in case if injury he COULD play these guys without killing our system.

Tyson, Clemons and Harty are not plug and play. The offense and defense would collapse if any if the 3 played.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Yeah, let them go and bring EGo along w/…i want jaremi grant
    He is younger

cuz veteran can be plugged n played either, what's more this is the year heading to WCF or even final, veteran make no mistake and make mda feel safe to gain a contract extension

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

3-5 guys at end of bench will get no play time anyway, MDA prefers 9-10 man rotation.

If 5 guys are going to sit may as well be guys that can help next season.

20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

1 spot filled in

#1400 DeBeards, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Tfor3 likes this.