1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot Deal Buy 2 games at Target and get one free + get 30% off on both games

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by faraza84, Nov 12, 2013.

1. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Ok maybe this needs to go to the classified section but this deal is temporary and maybe cancelled soon because target might realize there is a huge loophole on their video games deal.

I got 2 games and got 1 free ( nba2k, cod, fifa) and it was supposed to be 120ish but then I had a coupon for buy 2 games and get 30% off on them.

Apparently I've read the deal might not be redeemed at all Targets because Target has realized its losing a lot of money so this is how you get the sweet deal. Some places might even require a manager override to do this because the coupon might not work with the current offer.

In order to get the coupon you first have to buy 2 $1 pacman reserve figures(located in the wii section of electronics), and 4 $1 game reserves (in the next gen sections for games or even current gen section) for next gen.

You have to do this in 2 separate transactions back to back. Buy 1 pacman figure and 2 game reserves and pay for it and then right after do it again with another pacman figure and the other 2 game reserves. This should print you out a coupon for 30% off of 2 games coupon. Go to the electronic section buy the 2 games you want and the 3rd one comes free. Just give them the coupon and wala you should be getting your games for cheap. Here in Chicago it totaled out to be 92 thanks to our outrageous tax

My friend in Dallas told me about it and then I read up on it on some forum called cheapassgamer.com and yes it is legit. Apparently the deal might stop soon so get on it clutchfans. It works for current gen games as well. I heard some ppl have problems with getting the coupon so you may need to do more transactions in a row with just video game related stuff but on the forum ppl are swearing its the pacman figure and/or the $1 reserves.

Oh btw you can also return those preorders and pacman toys and get your 6 bucks back.

I've seen a lot of deals for black friday at walmart, bestbuy and other retailers with games but this is by far the best deal and you don't even have to wait in line in the cold.

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

:(

That requires tooooo much work

3. ILoveWhiteGirls

Hell yeah, too much.

4. Swag

Swag Member

u will need an override if u are trying to do this with ps4 games. if you cant get an override. then just do what i did.

first i bought the 3 ps3 games with the coupon.
    [​IMG]

then i went to the customer service section and exchanged the games that i just bought for ps4 games.
    [​IMG]

note: i am not sure if i just exploited there system but... if i were to return the games then i would just have made 36 dollars from target? and if i were to do this at every target then that would be 36 dollars from each? :D

5. Nero

Nero Member

Ok, just being anal here..

But whenever you want to say 'wala'..

What you are actually saying is 'viola'

It is just pronounced with an almost-silent v, which is why it sounds like 'wala'.

Just doing my civic duty :)

6. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Luckily I didn't need an override. It was quick. Maybe the way I wrote it was convoluted but it just took 2 minutes. Wonder how long ppl will be able to use this.

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

eh. you can also get buy 1 get 1 if you dont want 3 games. Just do the buy 2 get 1 free deal at target...Then go to walmart and get a gift card for $60 by saying you lost your receipt.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Voila, not viola. Viola is an instrument.

9. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

Yeah I went to Target to try and do this but they only had Ghosts and FIFA out for PS4. I was able to snag the 30% off coupon so I just need to go back on Friday when they release more games.

3 New PS4 games for $84+tax is a great deal :cool:

10. Vivid

Vivid Member

boom!

11. Nice Rollin

shouldve went today. i got assassins creed, cod, and 2k

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

couldnt you do this with all 3 and profit?? pay $90 for a $180+ walmart gift card..

13. Nice Rollin

well, I cant because I bought AC from target and it says that there is exclusive stuff in the game that only people who purchased from target get...

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Okay, so where does the "buy 2, get 1" come in?

Anyone not been successful? I might try this today.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Please still post it in the Hot Deals forum. It's tailor-made for it.

16. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Target has a buy 2 get one free deal and a separate coupon for 30% off that can be used together.

I was unsuccessful the first time because I didn't do multiple transactions. A forum person on the other site said you can just get 1 $1 reserve card and have the cashier ring it and void it a few times till the coupon spits and then buy it when it goes through.

1 person likes this.
  17. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Sweet, thanks.