1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bride cancels wedding, breaks up with fiancé after friends and family refuse to pay for $60G nuptial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Aug 27, 2018.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

2. jcf

jcf Member

Sounds like the guy's fault.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bet it's a joke

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Lol ok.

5. bongman

bongman Member

6. biina

biina Member

She had me at

“We managed to save up nearly $15K for a wedding. Since our love was like a fairy tale, we wanted an extravagant blow out wedding, one where our son could be included,” the woman wrote. “We started touring venues and were torn between two. A local psychic told us to go with the more expensive option, and we thought why the hell not?”

No Worries and Mathloom like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The average household income is under 60k a year, and the average wedding is 25k(no honeymoon). Just seems like such a mistake for families to make. Hey if you have it like that party on, but the majority of people who get married can't afford to spend half a year's salary on one freaking party weekend, but yet so many delusionally do behind the mask of it being a wedding.

I personally don't see how couples can convince themselves that it's fair value, that they will enjoy one weekend enough to warrant spending half their salary. A weekend that most describe as stressful.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What's posted on Facebook isn't news.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm assuming fake as well. Nobody thinks everyone should send $1,500 to attend a wedding... Right?

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And the whole psychic thing. It reads as someone trying to get something viral going and being successful.

I bet they don't even exist as people

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Are you saying that Fox News would publish a story that is fake?

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Sounds like the guy found out what he was getting into just in the nick of time to me. It's one thing to want a really nice wedding. It's quite another to demand one at everyone else's expense, and then go off on a tirade when you don't get it. I'm sure after a bit, he'll think about this and smile at how close he came to having to live that life permanently.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And it’s yet another thing to necro-bump this thread.