1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bregman Runner up MVP, Trout wins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Houston Native, Nov 14, 2019.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I know that.... I’m referring to the comment on whether he would have changed his opinion on Bregman if he had known of the sign stealing incident.

2. phasors28

phasors28 Member

I wonder if Ken R., Evan D. and the folks at the Athletic had the sign stealing information during the MVP vote but only chose it to release it after the WS. Would explain their voting and constant conversation of tipping and whistling during the post season...or I'm just getting paranoid lol

3. SemisolidSnake

For something as widespread as this, I would be surprised if anyone hadn't heard rumors or suspicions about some team, Astros or not. But, no, the few national games I didn't have on mute during the regular season were also full of conversations about sign stealing during every game. Not electronic sign stealing, just regular sign stealing. If an Astro got on second base and/or the opposing catcher and pitcher got crossed up and had to use a mound visit, you knew it was coming. Immediately followed by a zoom in by the official cameramen on the catcher's crotch to view his next signs in glorious 8K detail.

The reasons I say it only happened with the other team is that I just didn't see the Astros pitchers and catchers ever get crossed up much. That's likely because we just have a better battery that knows how to do its thing.

All the sign-stealing talk during the playoffs was neither abnormal nor conspiratorial. It's because the announcers are terrible and boring and can't think of anything interesting and new to talk about.