1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Turkey fires on US troops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Turkey is now a nuclear state.

2. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

50% on Steel Tariffs is about 8 million dollars. I guarantee Turkey would spend 8 million dollars for Northern Syria.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

4. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Blood on Trump’s hands.

5. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

So now everyone want to put sanction on Turkey. It's bit late. The Kurds has already apparently made a deal with Assad. We've lost our best on the ground allies against ISIS and have caused the freeing of hundreds if not thousand of imprisoned ISIS. We have gave up on any potential Syria democratic region and now we are about to tick off another one of our allies because we have no choice. What a knot we tied around ourselves. There is also report that the US is looking at way to remove our Nuclear Weapon from Turkey - it's crazy to see the fall out of just one stupid irrational move have caused. It's crazier when you realize that most of this was predicted and was completely avoidable, but no, someone was a stable genius and knew best.

6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Is this what being British felt like during the 1950s when your government loses its ability to dictate events on the world stage?

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Actually I agree. The British screwed up the Middle East. Dividing up land to tribes pitting people against their neighbours creating ethnic divisions throughout the region

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

@dachuda86 she must have been on of those Kurdish terrorists

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

If the Kurds ethnically cleansed Northern Syria explain why there are so many Arabs, Armenians, Syrians living in northern Syria? You think it would be only Kurds. You like to mention the wide spread genetic mutilation of woman. That happened in Kurdistan in Iraq as was the practice of a lot of Middle eastern countries at one time. That brutal practice that is now changing thanks human right activist like the one killed by Turk backed militia.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member

you talking about bobby that left in shame that was for the khashoggi murder?

lol that guy was funny literally the whole world was speaking out against it and you have this lone troll holding out in arkansas.

what happened to our buddy honey boo boo? I miss that guy and his russian ways. I could smell him through the screen and i wonder how much the kremlin pays? It seemed a bit fun at the time. woo hoo!

Silent_Bob likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump is a ****ING TRATOROUS ASSHAT !!!

I honestly do not believe any intelligent human being would support him, there is no reason.

If you are a conservative, fine, find someone else better who expouses your values, he is NOT a conservative, he is NOT a Christian, he is a con man - stop being conned - get him out - before he ruins the country for everyone.

DD

IBTL likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I don't know how anyone can act surprised by any of this right now.

Trump made specific campaign promises and/or threats to end US involvement in NATO and the Middle East, and that's exactly was he's doing. This is the decoupling of the Western Alliance. European leaders have been ringing alarm bells for a while now that the US cannot be trusted and relied upon to provide leadership on the world stage anymore.

Meanwhile, Americans are too busy fighting over petty domestic issues like border immigration and healthcare to realize the real enormous damage being done to Americans alliances -- the stuff that holds the world together and keeps it from falling into chaos and global warfare. This will be the true legacy of this president decades from now.

Russia and China are salivating at this opportunity to takeover for the US and dictate the next world order and system of alliances.

Blatz, malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You mean really damaging things like...trying to get Europe to pay their fair share for NATO, which most of them agreed they should? Stuff like that?

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, stuff like that usually handled behind closed doors with diplomacy rather than in tweets and on Fox News like a dipshit.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not to mention they already pay a good share......ask Trump about our payments to the UN....

DD

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually I listened to the Turkish foreign minister on Al Jazeera last week and the Turkish ambassador to the UK on the BBC and you sound remarkably similar to them. For that matter I was in Turkey four years ago and met people who talked about how the PKK were terrorists. While I was in Turkey there was a bombing in Ankara blamed on the PKK. I also met someone in south central Turkey who I think might've been a Kurd who was very critical of Erdogan and the Turkish state. He even talked about the Armenian Genocide and the driving out of Christians from the Cappadocia region.

AleksandarN and malakas like this.
  18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This is ridiculous on so many levels; ringing the fire alarm after you've set the building on fire yourself.

What did Trump think was going to happen with Turkey's "incursion" into Syria -- a nice little stroll and then a picnic?

This National Emergency is a desperate attempt to save face now that the whole thing has blown up in Trump's face. The declaration has no teeth. That 50% tariff on steel is laughable. Turkey is scooping up prime real estate for pennies on the dollar. Even Russia would gladly pay anyone double that price just for the opportunity to screw over the US in the Middle East. The damage is already done.

Trump should save this nonsense for his base of supporters, who to no one's surprise, will eat it up as further proof of Trump tough guy tactics and the false narrative that Trump did everything he could.

This is all theatrics for Trump. Just like how his net worth depends on his mood on any given day, the fate of American foreign policy and strategic military alliances now depend on his mood as well.

And yet people still believe putting a woman in charge is too risky.

malakas likes this.
  19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

That's fair. Although I thought the coverage on that made it sound like Trump said things he didn't say, as well, or at least in a far different context.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Makes me wonder what was really happening...because yes he had to know this would happen. So, why do it? I'm not sure, but I'm not sure it wasn't planned. It sounds like the Kurds are now partnering with Syria against Turkey...and it is exactly that type of partnership with Iraq that enabled the creation of a fairly successful Kurdish autonomous zone there.

So, not sure this isn't all working out for the better...or that it doing so wasn't the plan all along.

Not opposed to it...depends on the woman though. None of the current crop qualify...not because they're woman, but because of what they seem to believe.