1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Trump's Wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reality doesnt matter.

Fox News and the subsidiary conservative media machine are going to tell the faithful that the orange savior destroyed the libtards, disarmed North Korea, cowed the Iranians, was tougher on Russia than any president ever, and prevented the zombie apocalypse by walling off the infected in Mexico.

Ben Shapiro and Tucker Carlson never said Trump didnt care about illegal immigrants at his clubs so it didn't happen.

People just believe what the idiot box and the webz of their choice tell them. The vast majority of the media not trying to sell them something is just the lying MSM trying to trick them. If media doesnt tell them what is most comforting, media is lying. Above all, anybody that tells you that the designated good guys aren't doing good and designated bad guys aren't doing bad is lying.

Trump has always been against illegal immigrants and liberals and gun control! Evidence to the contrary is fabricated, because Trump is the good guy.

#1741 Ottomaton, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... as I figured... no issue with the employers breaking the sal and hiring illegal aliens (and thus act as the magnet for more).

"Fake documents and SS#'s? Somehow you missed this:

Trump Golf Club managers knew for years many employees were illegal, but just now fired them
    http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/na...mployees-were-illegal-but-just-now-fired-them

3. dmoneybangbang

When the GOP benefits from illegal immigration it’s called being “pro business”.

CometsWin and vlaurelio like this.
  4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

hey feel free to share your SS# with them then so they can have a better life. So if you're against illegal immigration, you're being emotional and not rational? wow...

5. dmoneybangbang

Hey feel free to keep making emotional arguments. There’s solutions to problems if you are open to them.

I’m in the immigration reform camp which includes border security, amnesty, path to citizenship, updated visa system, updated refugee system, and a merit based immigration system.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'm okay with most of what your saying but the Amnesty thing i'm not sure of that part .But there really is a need for real immigration reform.

7. dmoneybangbang

I just think continuing to pretend we don’t have over ten million illegal immigrants or deporting over ten million illegal immigrants is a good strategy.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I prefer a pathway to being legal (green cards) versus amnesty plus pathway to citizenship.

I also think that there should be draconian punishments for hiring illegals. Something like paying an illegal 20K a year should result in a 40K fine, which bankruptcy can not clean up (like student loans).

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You don't need to deport them if they can't work anywhere.

11. dmoneybangbang

True. I think my theme was trying to solve the overall immigration issue without significant upheaval. To be clear, how many people getting a path to citizenship/border security/etc is all on a sliding scale. I would think large scale amnesty/path to citizenship would not be a viable goal. I just think after decades of not enforcing are labor laws we are just too dependent on this underclass in varying capacities to completely rip that bandaid off.

JuanValdez likes this.
  12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

B-Bob likes this.
  13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't see those as mutually exclusive. A pathway to a green card provides a path to citizenship after that.

Deckard and No Worries like this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

True. Pathway to a green card would make a better marketing campaign.

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Pretty funny.

17. NewRoxFan

This article sets up the eminent domain legal challenges that will arise from trump's vanity wall...

18. NewRoxFan

hugh hewitt literally pulling fake numbers from his a$$ to justify trump's vanity wall...

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm bringing this question up again because I've never seen a satisfactory answer. Leaving aside that Trump promised Mexico would pay for the wall for the moment. The GOP controlled Congress for the first two years of the Trump presidency. They passed tax cuts and got two USSC nominees seated over concerted Democratic opposition. A year ago the Democrats were willing to give Trump and the GOP a deal that would've spent $25 billion on a wall. If the wall was such a central issue to the Trump, his base and the Republican party why didn't they get it done earlier? Why is it so critical now that the government was shut down over it and the President is invoking an unprecedented use of emergency powers for it now?

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Funny to people who are idiots and think everyone is a racist. Yes everyone who doesn't agree with you is a racist and hates Mexicans. Clearly.