1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] Multiple package explosions in Austin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Mar 12, 2018.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

1. People on here call themselves brown all the time
    2. I backed up my post with statistic proof. So if you think data is racist then that's just sad

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

An Iranian chastising brown people for not having American values. Hehe

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Anyone ever go to Grahams Central Station in Plugerville,tx? That place use to be hoping back in the days of college. That all i remember from that town. Really big country girls in that joint.

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

The largest democracy in the world is "brown".

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

If you click the little red arrow next to "RocketsLegend said:" it'll take you there.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Only bad thing about the ignore feature is I sometimes get totally confused when posters are blasting someone I have on ignore.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He doesn't look 24
    Very sanitized and humanizing picture
    aaaahhhh He just a good ole boy
    never meaning no harm

Instead of the face of evil
    now he is the face of mental instability . . . ..

Rocket River
    I keep seeing this picture pop up associated with the bomber
    --> Anthony Conditt.jpg
    but that one does not look so cuddly and soft and benign.
    EDIT: This is some 'comedian called SAM HYDE
    However I have seen this as an association
    The Media . . .. . . .. what can you say

#247 Rocket River, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Found a pic of Iranian RL

[​IMG]

Joshfast likes this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We do every year. It's a nice tax write-off.

EDIT: Aw, hell. People already jumped all over this dumb joke. Never mind.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wut... lol.

Ziggy likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

I hate this this garbage reaching and I'm a hardcore liberal. It's ****ing stupid and divisive. They are complaining that the Chief isn't trying to be divisive.

tierre_brown and heypartner like this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Errrp, nevermind guys, it's Michael Cera.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

or not calling a terrorist a terrorist
    and the primary motivation seems to be because the terrorist looks like him

While in mainstream areas this is not something that are or care to be aware of
    in
    Minority circles there is a keen awareness of how the media and officials
    treat, talk about and describe various criminals, expected criminals and people in general
    based on what the person looks like and economic class

The media and officials can be far kinder and gracious to some groups than other

Rocket River

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Uncalled for, especially outside of D&D. Still haven't seen much of anything to link his actions to the referenced sentiments, and there is still a missing ingredient to go from posting on a bbs to building bombs to kill people. If his political views were the cause we're in a lot of trouble because they are shared by a large part of our society.

I heard an interesting interview on the radio from before the bomber was identified. I looked and can't find it now. But it was a guy who talked about how he himself had had a "mass shooter profile" as a teen because he struggled a lot with rage, wanted to kill people when he was angry, and would daydream about how he would shoot up his school and the like. He went to Westpoint and, realizing that his issues weren't healthy, he managed to get himself the help he needed to find peace. He's older now and I think he does some kind of related work. They asked him about the then-anonymous bomber and he said he doesn't know what the specifics are but that you know he deals with lots of rage, and that's a thing in common for many of these mass murderers. And I think this is an interesting pov. The interviewee had troubles at home and domestic abuse, but he was not schizophrenic or anything like that. You don't have to have a chemical imbalance in your brain to want to kill lots of people. So, to say "it's his politics! he's an extremist!" is too facile an explanation, but so is "oh, he must have had an undiagnosed psychiatric problem." That might be the issue, but it might not be. You don't have to be certifiable to kill people.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'd like to see Chief Manley's comments on those cases. I don't recall every hearing him speak about those cases. Or was she just grouping all white police officers together?

Is there evidence that these bombings were done so for political or religious purposes? Was there an objective to these bombings? Or did he just want to kill people and watch the world burn? The latter is not terrorism, even if it terrorizes the hell out of you. Labels matter. When someone yells "allahu akhbar" and then blows themselves up or harms people, than it's safe to say it's likely terrorism. Until we have evidence to show that he did this for specific reasons, than it isn't terrorism.

"terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

The kid has virtually no social media presence, they probably didn't have many photos to choose from. Also, this kid was home schooled. Did you really expect to find ANY other kinds of pictures of a home schooled kid?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We may as well send this on a one-way train to the D&D...

This kind of obsessing over the semantics of violence, especially calling him a "radicalized Christian terrorist," is tiring. That person is trying to be coy by labeling the bomber in the same way that self-described Muslim terrorists are labeled. This characterization ignores the facts that:
    1. There is no publicly stated motive yet for the Austin bombings. Authorities have his 25-minute "confession" and have said that it does not express racial animus. After the first few bombings, many people were going out of their way to look for this as a motive. Instead, the east side targets could've been chosen for their proximity to 183, an easy escape route back to Pflugerville.
    2. There is nothing to suggest, publicly, that his religious beliefs motivated this attack. All we have to go on is a 6-year-old blog that expresses, frankly, run-of-the-mill conservative Christian viewpoints circa 2012. Assuming that an 18-year-old homeschooler's political beliefs remained set in stone for 6 years seems foolish.
    I'm a pretty liberal guy (my D&D posts over the years reflect that), but the far-left's obsessions with identity above all else is making for some strange bedfellows. The eagerness to glibly label the bomber as a "white radicalized Christian terrorist" stems from their own pattern of ignoring the religious motivation behind other acts of terrorism. As of this moment, there is nothing to connect the bomber's reported Christian faith and conservative politics with his attacks. There is no apparent agenda that he was trying to advance. By attempting to conflate what may be run of the mill violent sociopathy with religiously-motivated terrorism, those on the far-left unintentionally devalue actual instances of religious terrorism and what motivates them.

All of these opinions are subject to change, of course, based on whatever information is eventually released.

Harrisment, Cold Hard and Kevooooo like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

Far left liberalism is just as crazy as the far right. You could say you're a christian liberal and they look at you like a traitor. I do my own thing; I like guns, I don't have issues with abortion or gays, I hate Nazis and I like taxes that help contribute to the overall community.

mtbrays likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . .the Terrorist himself defines himself?
    Like the Terrorist in Nevada and The ones that took over the government building in the Northwest ?

Rocket River