1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] Multiple package explosions in Austin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Here:

RedRedemption and JuanValdez like this.
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

which part of that is racist? I honestly want to know

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Maybe it's your poor sentence construction that's the problem, but "brown people tend to not have or want American values".

RedRedemption likes this.
  4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

His programming states he must call you a snowflake or cuck now for being sensitive about racism.

5. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

across110thstreet posted this earlier
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/us/austin-bomber-narrative-trnd/index.html

They first got onto him through store receipts (guess he was dumb enough to use a bank card?)
    Then they got warrants for his IP address. Internet history showed suspicions searches.
    FedEx cameras were the smoking gun that led to the attempted arrest.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I read that his name kept popping up in the tip lines. They were already looking through some of his records like phone locations, store receipts, Google searches, etc. This was before the FedEx surveillance, which then gave more evidence that it was him. Impressive police work.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This terrorist has the same sentiments as some of you on here I just don't want to call you out because it looks like you're barely clinging to sanity. Whatever your problem is I hope you find peace with god.

peleincubus likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wonder if the guy posted here.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

if he was a schezophrinec then he could be only someone else "bombs dispatcher" , it's near impossible that he can keep up with a lengthy complex task alone

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Austin Police:

We have located a recording this suspect made, about 25 minutes, where he talks about what he has done. I would classify this as a confession. This was on a phone we found in his possession early this morning.

On this recording, he described the 6 bombs he constructed & identified the differences among the 6 bombs.

Everyone is interested in motive & understanding why. Listening to that recording, he does not mention anything about terrorism or hate. It is the outcry of a very challenged young man talking about challenges in his personal life that led him to this point. He described the 6 devices & we have recovered them. He also described the 7th device - the one on him.

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Not true

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

if you don't think so ,elaborate

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Really don’t care to elaborate on the shitstorm transpiring in my life currently, but I will say I know firsthand that a functioning, yet struggling person with schizophrenia can completely handle quite more than you’re indicating and successfully hide their condition on top of it.

B-Bob and DonnyMost like this.
  14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

RocketsLegend:

*Says blatantly racist thing*

"HOW AM I RACIST? SENSITIVE CUCKS!"

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Which sentiments are you referencing?

This dude was pond scum. Most of the people on this forum are decent enough.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wouldn't a huge red flag be a guy carrying a package into a FedEx facility wearing gloves when it's warm out? Add a hat to that and it would raise an eyebrow for me. I don't think those were winter gloves he was wearing, either. Just seems odd.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

I now understand, best of luck

B-Bob likes this.
  18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That's interesting because my sister-in-law in Austin is hearing a different narrative from the local media. For example, analysis of the first bombs had law enforement scouring all Lowe's and Home Depots in the Austin area because some of the bomb making materials appeared to have been purchased from there. She insists that they only got the warrants after the first FedEx explosion which enabled them to backtrack the shipped package that didn't explode. What I find strange is that he was totally anonymous until he shipped those packages from FedEx where video showed him suspiciously wearing latex gloves. Oh well, I guess we'll never know the complete story. One thing is certain: with the current political climate of "Us vs.Them" you can expect these types of incidents to only get more and more prevelant.

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Here? No. Shaggy? Maybe.

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Can you link me to the original post so I can report it again? Jesus @RocketsLegend. I know we can ban people @Clutch, but is there a way to just confine them to a certain forum? Please? I promise not to threaten to not donate if you don't want to.

el gnomo likes this.