1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Breaking] 5 HPD Officers Shot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 28, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

#121 J.R., Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

The police chief kinda pisses me off. He's trying to make an argument about how great and honest the HPD is, and how the HPD did such a great investigation. I really don't want to hear it.

How about talking about the Job the HPD was doing before this botched raid ever happened.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Like I said...coonasses. Houma, Thibidoux, Scott, Opelousas, etc....

B-Bob likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not to mention lashing out at any and all critics in the aftermath.

bobloblaw likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

#125 J.R., Aug 23, 2019
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

#126 J.R., Aug 23, 2019
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

#127 J.R., Aug 23, 2019
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

^ That's way to much to ****ing read man...

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So much BS in that Acevedo press. I didn't have the stomach to read past those first 3 paragraphs.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Former HPD officers Gerald Goines, Steven Bryant face federal charges after Harding Street raid

HOUSTON – Former Houston police officers Gerald Goines, 55, and Steven Bryant, 46, were both arrested on federal charges Wednesday morning in connection with the botched January Harding Street raid that left two people dead, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The woman who called 911, Patricia Garcia, 53, has also been charged.

Goines and Bryant were both charged in August by the Harris County District Attorney’s Office after months of investigation. Goines faces two counts of murder in Nicholas’ and Tuttle’s deaths. Bryant faces a tampering with government documentation charge in the case.

A federal grand jury returned a 9-count indictment on Nov. 14 that was unsealed Wednesday.

Goines’ federal charges

Counts 1 and 2: Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law

Officials say Goines “willfully deprived” Tuttle and Nicholas of their “right, secured and protected by the Constitution and laws of the United States, for people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against reasonable searches and seizures.”

Counts 3 and 4: Destruction, Alteration, or Falsification of Records in Federal Investigations and Bankruptcy

Goines is accused of making “a false entry in a record, document, and tangible object with intent to impede, obstruct, and influence the investigation and proper administration of the matter within federal jurisdiction.” He is also accused of making a tactical plan and executing it while knowing that there were false statements in it, “including that a confidential informant purchased heroin from 7815 Harding Street on Jan. 27,” officials wrote in the indictment.

Count 4 of the indictment focuses on an accusation that Goines made a false police report claiming an informant bought drugs from the Harding Street home one day before the raid.

Counts 5, 6 and 7: Tampering with a Witness, Victim, or an Informant

Goines is accused of lying on three different occasions to a Houston police officer that either he or an informant bought drugs from the Harding Street home in the days leading up to the fatal raid.

Bryant’s federal charge

Byrant faces one federal charge of falsifying records in a federal investigation.

Bryant is accused of lying in a police report saying he “had previously assisting Officer Gerald Goines in the investigation on Jan. 27, 2019," and that he said the heroin that was retrieved from Goines’ vehicle was bought from the Harding Street home on Jan. 27, officials wrote in the indictment.

Garcia’s federal charge

Garcia faces a charge of reporting false information.

Officials say on Jan. 8, Garcia, a neighbor of the victims on Harding Street, made a series of 911 calls that they believe set off the chain of events culminating in the botched raid 20 days later. She allegedly told officials her daughter was inside the home on Harding Street with heavily armed drug dealers. She is accused of falsely reporting that the people in the home were doing crack cocaine and heroin.

If convicted of federal charges, Goines faces up to life in prison. Each obstruction count carries a potential 20-year sentence. Garcia faces a 5-year prison term.

Houston officials’ reaction

Mayor Sylvester Turner and Houston City Council members declined to comment on the indictments Wednesday.

HPD Chief Art Acevedo held a press conference on Wednesday at noon regarding the new charges against former members of his team.

“We have never been afraid of finding the truth as a police department,” Acevedo said. “Because our commitment is to the truth and our commitment is to the rule of law.”

Acevedo would not say when documents from the HPD’s internal investigation into the botched raid would be released.

In the past, Acevedo maintained that he believed that the Houston narcotics offers had a reason to conduct the raid. He doubled down on that statement Wednesday.

“I stand by we had a reason to be in that house,” he said. “And just remember, what we said that we had a reason to be in that house and probable cause or suspicion to be in that house, there’s a reason we were there and that will all come out in due time.”

Andre0087 likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The puzzle has been solved and it's just a pile of murderous ****. Check your brotherhood of bangbangers.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm confused. If the residents didn't shoot the cops, who did? Did they shoot themselves?

14. Buck Turgidson

"federal charges" should be the words you're focusing on here.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Harsh, dude.

It’s more than likely that @The Law had no clue of any nefarious activities.

The Law likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

Next you’ll tell me it’s just a few bad apples that make law enforcement look bad.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Go ahead and spell out the entire narrative.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

The narrative is look at this case and tell me this isn't a common problem. This cop just got caught since he couldn't plant the drugs after being shot. Look at the pattern of bad police behavior and the rise of technology. If it weren't for people recording with their phones would we even have Police wearing body cams now? The warrior culture within law enforcement is a cancer killing and hurt Americans everyday. The culture is corrupt, self protecting and if you trust the police to do anything more complicated than write down a traffic report you are risking your life. You worry about who's gonna be there to protect you from bad poeple? You. Get a gun, get trained and protect your family because if you think Police are here to protect and serve you you're mistaken.

BTW, Police are not obligated by law to protect you https://mises.org/power-market/police-have-no-duty-protect-you-federal-court-affirms-yet-again

19. The Law

The Law Member

Im sorry you have so much anger, I do to. Although, I feel like our anger is different as mine is directed at 3 shitbag assholes who are going to get what is coming to them for putting innocent citizens and police officers in harms way.

Yours is directed at an entire profession.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

You profession protects their own and stay quiet when they hear rumors. The good cops are run out of law enforcement for not falling in line. I hope you're different but that would also mean you're not a part of the brotherhood. Will you act if you hear something? Before someone else gets killed? I hope so.