1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bradley Beal?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by 123Rockets, Apr 21, 2012.

1. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Okay Ricky...

ABOUT to be 30. I assumed everyone would know what I mean. I'm not trading for anyone near 30 if I'm another NBA team. Expiring contract or not, I'm not about to give up a Top 5-6 pick just so I can save a few bucks in the long run.

Teams with top 6-7 picks won't be anxious to give up their "future superstar" selection for a bunch of average guys and an expiring contract. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

...and about the "12th man on the bench" comment, I was referring to the general absurdity of some...not all...but some trade proposals on this site. I wasn't LITERALLY referring to Martin as our 12th man.

I love spelling things out. Thanks for that opportunity.

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Since you love spelling things out, how is 29 the wrong side of 30? Also, how do you know someone with a 5-10 range pick won't trade for other picks plus Kevin Martin? Are you a GM? Do you know every teams needs? By the way, the draft is a crap shoot. This draft is top heavy, and after that it's all based on potential. How do you know a team won't trade a pick for a proven player? Obviously, you're not a Kevin Martin fan. Neither am I, but he is what he is. A scorer.

And lol at thinking a 13 million dollar expiring isn't worth anything to a team in salary cap hell.

3. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

NOBODY is going to give up a chance to draft Bradley Beal, Marcus Kidd-Gilchrist or Andre Drummond so they can acquire an expiring contract that'll give them some cap relief. Well, Billy Knight and Carroll Dawson would...but thank God they're no longer GMs.

"Rudy Gay for Shane Battier? Really Carroll?" That one still hurts.

"Not trading Hakeem Olajuwon to Toronto for 2 Lottery picks when Dream was WAYYYY past his prime and 1 year from Free Agency? Really Carroll?"

Sorry. I digress.

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

You bring up a good point.

Among the Bobcats, Wizards, Cavs, Kings, and Hornets, no team is in what people would call "cap-hell." New Orleans just got out of it., while the Wizards are right at the threshold.

The Nets and Trailblazers are well under the cap.

Toronto is under as well, and trying to deal players, not necessarily the pick.

Golden State is right at the threshold.

Most of the bad teams are not in "salary cap hell." It's mostly the contenders who are dire straits with the financial salary caps/luxury tax worries.

Another advantage or problem for teams, no one is going to start trading any picks until really after the lottery and perhaps within the draft, itself. The top 5 teams are almost untouchable, unless someone offers a really good player or package.

Most of the teams are under the cap, so there's no worries for them in that regard. Their problem is mainly can they get the players that they want from the draft. The worst teams will be satisfied with getting a potential good player.

Recently, this season, the Nets traded their possible top pick for Gerald Wallace. It was lauded as the worst trade at the deadline. Even though ,Wallace is a very good player (high-level, versatile talent at his position), and on the other hand he has an expiring salary.

I'm sort of agreeing with you on the hand, if a team simply trades for KM and a single top 5 pick. It would not be any better than the Wallace trade.

Another problem is most of those teams are not in dire need of a shooting guard.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Agree with this. Very different saying Kevin Martin isn't worth one of these guys than saying he adds NOTHING to a trade package.

6. CertifiedTroll

Can we please get this guy and go young and be competitive?

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't get why people want to trade up to #6 and give up heavy assets when there's a Jeremy Lamb waiting from 8-12 range, who has more upside imo.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's ironic, though how you might have to trade up for Lamb, depending his combine results. He could also go somewhat high around 7th to 10th.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm 100% sure he will go from something like 7-10 when he goes berzerk in the Combine(which he definitely will), but Beal will somehow get picked before him, so I don't see why we should trade for an even higher pick than 7-10. Beal will not turn out a better pro than Lamb in my opinion.

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

https://tradenba.com/trades/HkTbKQr4V + 2 first round picks they want.

Beal = Championship i guarantee this. With the way Faried is playing, i don't think you need Capela, you can get a guy like Mahimi to come in and get rebounds take fouls with Nene.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt