1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bradley Beal?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by 123Rockets, Apr 21, 2012.

1. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

How much would we have to trade to get in position to draft Bradley Beal?

2. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

i think in 3 years we will look back and see Beal was the best player in the draft. Davis is great but not NBA tested for his position. Beal has Dwade potential to me. At very least Ray Allen

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Beal = B-Roy minus the glass knees.

HOU 1st + Lowry and Martin for the #3 pick and a filler.

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

You know what I think about it, a team would take Lowry, Martin, and maybe future pick for a high pick. Again, I do not think there are any surefire superstars in this draft, like 2003 or 1997.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

But this draft will be twice as deep as those previous two.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's the case, and why would there be an intense need to give up alot of pieces? Deeper draft, but the players are very much more evenly matched. It's still not top heavy, like those drafts were.

7. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry + 2 first round picks may get it done.

8. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

Bradley Beal looks really slow to me man, if he had a little more athletism or quickness i might consider it. Im def not feeling the Ray Allen comparisons with this kid

People forget how athletic Ray was an a young player

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Beal is bad.

Lamb is better without a doubt. Rivers is equally as good a SG prospect.

10. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

at the very least ray allen?? people seriously under rate how good ray allen was..he had no flaws in his game. could hit the jumper or take you to the hoop no problem. bradley beal hasnt even proved hes a good jump shooter at the college level yet. and im pro bradley beal..

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I remember Allen when he was young and Beal definitely reminds me of him. I doubt Beal ends up as good. The one thing he can do better is finish athletically at the rim.

You are right about Allen's complete game. He had handles and took people off the dribble. I've also never seen anybody shoot as quickly off the dribble as him (and be able to hit the shot).

But in this draft, Beal is top 3-4. I might put him at #2.

12. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Rivers please

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You haven't watched many Florida games, I take it. Beal is very quick and athletic, along with having an NBA-ready body. I think the Brandon Roy comparison was a good one.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It definitely will take Lowry to get. Fillers may also be needed depending on who drafts him. We need more star potential on this team and he's got the makings to be one.

15. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Dont see brandon roy comparison more eric gordon to me I like him over rivers.

16. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

He looks very good. I live in florida, and I see Brandon Roy with more potential and better defense.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I don't think we have the pieces to trade up high enough to get him. Unless maybe if we gave up our 2013 1st rounder but that would most likely be very valuable seeing as we would have traded many of our main contributers.

I'd love to get Beal, I think he can be a superstar. But I don't know how much I'd be willing to give to move up

18. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Both our picks, Lowry, maybe Scola

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yet no one really thought that draft (2003) was TOO top heavy at the time either, outside of Melo and James. Hell Darko Milicic was picked 2nd overall in that draft. FREAKIN' SECOND!

And too compare any draft but the Jordan/Hakeem draft to the 97 draft is just plain unfair. As you can see (by those examples) those types of stats come ages apart and very seldomly spit out as many (super)stars.

BTT, I like Beal and the comparison to Roy seems pretty on point, he will be one of the stars out of this draft. Hopefully we can pull something off for a guy like him this year. *sigh*

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

From the looks of it, he's going pretty high, no lower 6th. If he ends up in Portland, the Trailblazers might become the new powerhouse on the block.

C - Not sure
    PF - Lamarcus Aldridge
    SF - Nicolas Batum
    SG - Bradley Beal
    PG - (FA Acquistion - Deron Williams, Jeremy Lin, or Goran Dragic).