1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bowman anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vjohnson, Oct 13, 2017.

1. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

he was just released from the 49ers I wouldn’t mind taking a look at the guy

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Seems like a great opportunity for someone, but unfortunately Cole, Cunningham and McKinney are the bright spots of our non-IR defense at the moment. The first 2 seem to be hitting a stride, and BMac needs to find a way to return to form. Where exactly does Bowman fit in all of that?

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

While I agree we seem to have a good amount of ILBs playing well there is still a chance to upgrade and I'd rather have Bowman then a returning Brian Cushing.

vjohnson likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Cromartie and Regis are the only 2 players we should be interested in seeing as they are veterans in a position of need for the team.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Veteran he is but probably a little too old.

[​IMG]

6. Fantasma Negro

We really shouldn't be relying so much on Dylan Cole as a rookie. I know he's got the pedigree but it would be a disservice to this team to not give the best chance to go deep in the playoffs. Bowman has been consistent at pressuring the quarterback since day one, he's good defending the run and he can drop into coverage and light up a tight end to take pressure off the safeties. I know he can do these things cause he's done them for eight years. Cole is a rookie learning on the job. I like Cole, he's going to be a solid player in this league but we all know Cush will be cut when he gets back Bowman would be a great mentor to Cole and Cunningham and an upgrade over Cush on the field. If the price is right Rick needs to sign him before the Raiders realize he fits their team pretty well too

#6 Fantasma Negro, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    vjohnson likes this.
  7. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Dang those guys are still available? Then they must be for a reason but I don’t see why our GM hasn’t brought at least one of them in for a visit since we know they like length at the corner position. Cromartie cant want to much with all this kids he got he just need a paycheck and Regis got beat a ton last year so I think he is done

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Before they surprisingly released linebacker NaVorro Bowman on Friday, the San Francisco 49ers agreed to trade the longtime veteran to the New Orleans Saints for a seventh-round draft pick, league sources told ESPN.

But after agreeing to the trade, the 49ers learned that the veteran linebacker preferred to be a free agent and decide where he would play next. So as a reward for Bowman's service, San Francisco acquiesced and released the linebacker.

Now that Bowman is a free agent, "lots of teams [are] trying to sign" him, according to one source, and it will take "a few days" for him to make a decision.

The 49ers had also spoken with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and Carolina Panthers about a trade. The Oakland Raiders also are expected to have some level of interest, according to a source, because they're based nearby and are expected to be a contender.

Bowman was drafted by the 49ers in 2010 and played seven seasons for the team.

#8 J.R., Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lol right

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If I were Bowman I wouldn't want to join the Texans. It's not fun playing with a terrible secondary and a decimated d-line.

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Probably going to the raiders anyway..closer home

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Cole injury obviously changes things. Wonder if we give him a call...

15. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

We need to do something. Trade brown if he is never going to show.

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Went to the Raiders :rolleyes: close thread

17. Win

Win Contributing Member

I'll decide when a thread needs to be closed.

red5rocket likes this.
  18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lol sure

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member