1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins is the most overrated "star" in the league... Not even top 15.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Canada, Jul 29, 2016.

1. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

oh one more thing.

**** meyers leonard and **** evan turner.

2. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

KAT and Boogie arent in the discussion yet. Gasol is better than both. Gasol>>Boogie>KAT. KAT's defense and total lack of awareness make him a liability on the court. Hoping he improves that, because he is an amazing talent.

malakas likes this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Boogie is a fantastic HOF talent. Where he is overrated is in his maturity. It's laughable that people call him an adult because he acts like an angry teenage boy half the time. I will say this though - if Zbo could turn his career around once he gained a little maturity, Boogie could do the same and be wayyy better than Zbo.

Zbo in Portland is Cousins in Sacramento
    Zbo in Memphis is Cousins in ?????

I will say this about Cousins though - his style of play is at odds with current winning strategy and I think that's why he(and to some extent Anthony Davis) have not seen the success from their teams to match their talent levels. I think this is why it's very significant that new bigs like Kat and AD are extending their range out to the 3pt line. It takes a very high 2pt percentage to make up for less efficient 3pt shooters when you extrapolate those numbers across 96ish possessions. Fact is Boogie can be the best player on the court by a long shot and yet a lesser player who shoots a lot of 3s or gets a lot of high percentage assists can be a better indicator of Boogie team's success.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

You do not get to the HOF based on talent. You get there based on accomplishments.

DreamRun95 likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lol even in those highlights he gets ejected . He doesn't play defense. Defense is so key for big men

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Meyers Leonard broke the code and said out loud what most players probably think. Not a good move for him.

It made me laugh watching him talk with his box score of 0/2/2 showing on the bottom/right while Cousins had 55/10.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't think he broke the code at all because he didn't say what cousins really said. Regardless he doesn't like cousins for him specifically and made it known without truly airing out the actual quotes . props to him

8. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

You get there based on numbers. If Boogie stays healthy he will have the numbers.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

not even close. you absolutely don't get there sitting at home in may and june your whole career

malakas likes this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Oh no.

How often does an NBA player share a profanity directed at him by another NBA player? Close to never. That is hardly an act of restraint.

How often does an NBA player say, "His antics are over the top", "He's disreptful, he's out of line", "I can't respect someone like that", "He did it to himself"?

Meyers Leonard didn't just break the code, he shattered it to pieces. Most NBA players would have kept their mouth shut and mumbled something like, "It is what it is".

I'll give him "props" for having the rare courage to speak out, not for holding back (which he did not).

11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

He took an injury riddled team...lmao. Anthony Davis is the injury in said riddle. Smh. It does matter if he hasn't won a playoff game - ever - if boggies lack of playoff experience is mentioned. Bottom line, they're both the faces of failing franchises but happen to be the best at their respective positions. Luckily for boogie he decided not to extend as long with his contract so he can leave or be traded to a contender sooner than later.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares. there comes a time when enough is enough. I'm glad he said those things. Cousins acts like he can do whatever he wants. It's no wonder the culture of his own team is absolute trash. He already started out by saying he can't say directly what was said. That's enough right there period. he could of said direct quotes and blasted cousins but he didn't. Anything else is his own opinion and fair game.

13. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Myers Leonard is a b**** ass on and off the court.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

irrelevant post pertaining to the whole original point. but nice try. im still waiting

15. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

You don't get it. Playoff stats don't count towards HOF numbers. Smh Boogie will shatter several HOF'ers numbers before he's done if he stays healthy. Rudy T can't make the HOF yet because of NUMBERS. He has everything else on his resume.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

no its actually you who doesn't get it. wake up and realize it's 2016

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He just needs to be more efficient. Takes too many bad shots

18. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Ok, I'm done with you. You must be about 10 years old. Boogie is 2016's mad max. If you don't know who that is youngin, google or YouTube him. Duces.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

To my knowledge he's a very upstanding guy. No problem with that.

At the same time, his dedication to basketball since getting the extension is questioned by Blazers fans. LOL, I won't dispute that.

Reminds me of David Carr.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's fine lol. rather not be engaged in people are who calling cousins HOF material. that's just absolutely garbage for anyone trying to truly follow the game of basketball