1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins is the most overrated "star" in the league... Not even top 15.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Canada, Jul 29, 2016.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No again. Meyers Leonard couldn't repeat what Cousins said because he (Leonard) would have been ripped to shreds by everyone if he had done so. It was NOT an act of restraint at all. I don't know why this is hard for you to understand. On the other side, we'll see if he later regrets publicly blasting Cousins.

Regarding Cousins on the Kings, they were trash before he got there. He's not the reason they are what they are. The Maloofs ran the team into the ground and Vivek Ranadive might be the most clueless owner in sports.

I hope Cousins stays with the Kings his entire career. It's like an abusive husband married to an abusive wife. perfect match.

2. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Yule-Cousins. :) It's all good... I'm not mad at yah. We all love our squad. I have the same concerns about boogie on our team but recognize his unbelievable talent. I had the same concerns just before we acquired Ron Artest and that worked out.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh I get it but I guess well just have to disagree here. Because there are tons of guys in the league who don't care about other players, some will admit and some wont and at certain points that line is broken. Like i said before Cousins isn't the only reason but he's a huge reason on why they are the team they are. He's done absolutely nothing as far as showing improvement with his team whatsoever.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope the world can see what's really going on out there

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

What did Leonard say?

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

[
    I heard Reggie Miller on the Dan Patrick show this AM and his view was yes Ron Artest would had issues BUT he was a great team mate, Boggie isn't even close to being a good team mate let alone a great one. No one on his team has his back like they did with Ron Ron..

7. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Ron was a great teammate for sure. I never heard boogies teammates say he was bad either. The difference in my opinion is Ron was always on winning teams with Hall of Fame veterans. Boogie, not so much.

8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Boogie TOTALLY spit that mouthguard out haha. **** went FLYIN.

9. BackdoorHarden

Difference between Cousins and Draymond/Artest is Draymond and Artest are/were winners.

Cousins...how many years have he been in the league? His team hasn't even been close to the playoff.

No one is talking crap about McGee now that he's on the Warriors even though he's still making dumb plays

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

JM is still talked about plenty, especially on social media. Hes still dumb. Being on GS doesnt change that

11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Boogie beat Utah tonight! Sac town may make the playoffs this year. Portland has the worst defense in the league - they lost to DALLAS tonight. Boogie won't be dealt as long as they are in the playoff hunt. If Sac makes the playoffs I guess ALL ridiculous arguments against his greatness are null and void.

#191 RocketsTerps, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

No you don't. Why would someone who can't make open shots be needed in our system? We already have a Rubio-like player in Ennis, and people lose their **** every time he steps on the court.

Beverly>>>>>Rubio 'nuff said.

DreamRun95 and macho GRANDE like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Head case issues aside Cousins would flourish in our system. His efficiency is poor because he has crappy opponents, Rudy Gay, Rondo et al are the opposite of spacers because teams love them to jack up shots, so they just crowd the paint and hope Gay shoots 100 contested mid-range jumpers.

In a Rockets team with 4 other legit shooters (or 3 shooters if Capela stays), Cousins would be more efficient and score more.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Is this a joke?

So cousins greatness is validated if he gets in the playoffs as an 8th seed with like 35 wins?

Cousins is a great talent but the guy is a nut. I was all for him acquiring him a few weeks ago because as others have mentioned he would flourish playing alongside James in MDA system.

But he's a loose cannon and frankly I rather not lose assets to acquire him. I guess ultimately you make the trade as long as you don't lose bev/Gordon/Ariza/Ryno but man if it backfires you set the franchise back a year or two.

But the kings suck and he is the main reason. They don't have good talent but boogie is a terrible leader and he hasn't galvanized his guys to anything in 6+ years.

For all the flack harden took last year with all the locker room dysfunction and what not. He still led the rockets to 41 wins and a playoffs berth.

That's a down year for James for boogie, that would be his best season yet.

YOLO and A_3PO like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has to learn how to take a back seat to someone.

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I don't think he's a great leader but he definitely has been put in the worst possible position to succeed. The Kings are dreadful, from the organization to the media to the coach to the players (the fans are great).

Not everyone is going to be a Dwyane Wade or a Lebron James in terms of leading. I definitely think he would succeed in a better environment. BTW the Z-Bo comparison was spot on, I know you guys remember what a head case he was on the Clippers.

roslolian likes this.
  17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Was zbo on the clips? I know he had some problems in Portland. He was apart of that jailblazers era.

I agree he's not been put in a great situation. Maybe even the worst situation of anyone the last 5 years.

But he is his own worst enemy. I don't doubt that off the court he's a good guy but he really needs to grow up and realize that he's the problem hes the only one that can change his image and the kings image because he's that good.

From a basketball standpoint I would love to have him and harden team up. But I'm also worried that if it didn't work out we would become the joke of the NBA once again. I kind of like people liking us again. But I do understand that you need players of his talent to win chips so ultimately I would be on board if we couldn get him without giving up Gordon.

Obito likes this.
  18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's another overrated cancer besides Gay on that team. His fit and value to Houston would not be worth gutting the team for.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  19. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Do not want....to risk it. We are coached by MDA not Phil Jackson. Phil was known to be able to reign in big personality types eg. Rodman/ Shaq to an extent. MDA is not known for that.

20. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

This. There is a reason Rubio's value keeps going down, can't create space and poor defense. Similar to Rondo. The league has evolved since 5 years ago.

Low usage. Offball. 3 point range. defense. eg. Beverly, Klay, Gordon. is the way to go.

roslolian likes this.