1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn*'s ClutchFans Fantasy Hoops 2016-17 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Oct 21, 2016.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Did you do a few mock drafts beforehand to get used to the system and interface?

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I always load up the que with players and highlight a player into the draft section just in case something goes wrong technically. It will tell you who the autopick is going to be and it's often not how you ranked them, but how the system ranked them. That is probably what happened.

After Davis slipped I was getting excited, but then donkey took him one pick before me. I'm not really sure who Antetomooshoobeefkampo can be, but took a shot.

I was glad to see Cousins and Leonard go off the board early, as I can't root for either.

The one week of scores really helped me out a lot as I often cannot anticipate whose getting minutes.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Same happened to me. I was sitting there with PLENTY of time on the clock trying to pick Drummond, but nothing happened. NOTHING. Then, next thing I know the system gives me PAU GASOL. I pretty much want to just quit and not set any lineups this year. I would have taken just about anyone in ESPN's 2nd round rankings other than Pau. He's doing nothing right now.

4. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

So... why exactly is there a first week of scoring already? Wasn't the league supposed to start today?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, weird, I'm about to NINJA VANISH on the season.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I stared at my 0-1 record until it became 0-0, talk about intimidation. I might have powers.

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

How would we notice? ;)

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz. Especially this year. So I don't have a win anymore? **** y'all.

9. fadeaway

Week 1 results were cleared, as previously indicated.

10. JTQ

JTQ Member

Hopefully this will be a good place to ask for advice

somebody offered me this trade
    I get
    Russell Westbrook
    Marc Gasol
    Pau Gasol

I give
    Anthony Davis
    Draymond Green.

I think it's a good one because AD might get injured sometimes later...but Draymond..oo booyy I don't know :)
    What do you guys think ?

11. fadeaway

Looks pretty even to me.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Is it me of did the entire league take the night off? Lot of players in the 30's or below.

Wiggins with 16 and Payton with 13 for me. Ugly.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rook has an EXTREMELY ILLEGAL lineup. Invalid IR players. Please remove those players and ban him from the playoffs for 3 years.

14. fadeaway

Midseason update:

The Harden and Westbrook teams (Wang and Sam) are on top. Those two have been miles ahead of everyone else in the NBA. A top pick is such a huge advantage.

Record-wise, the league overall is very tight. 8 teams are within 2 games of each other, and 10 teams within 3 games.

Rook has crapped the bed with a 2-9 record, and Plow Man is sucking the hind tit at 0-11. Everyone else is in contention.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the way.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all cheating with ILLEGAL IR's. CHEATERS.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

That first day did not go as expected. Nothing made sense. Chris Paul icing Blake to just 8 shots, seriously, and then deciding he would himself put 33 in on me. Uh. And then to top it off Collison goes for 56 out of nowhere. Ante puts up a lousy 37. Mercy. Gonna be an interesting week for sure. Meanwhile Aliens and Wang waiting for the slaughter whoever makes it out.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

This week continues to get worse for... everyone. It's so random. Possibly the worst fantasy week ever. Rivers isn't even letting Blake or Jordan get on the plane in the middle of a playoff race, WTF! Fades team has been literally disabled. Isiah sitting out the weekend. Booker sitting out and losing 10 minutes a night for no apparent reason. Collison randomnly sits. Russell benched. Koufas randomly sits. Jonas plays 17 minutes tonight, what...

Popovich should be shot for starting all this nonsense. It's out of control.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wade out for season. Not that my team matters.

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I was thinking about PSJ's above rant all week as Carmelo skipped 2 games with a bogus knee injury, Bradley missed a game with the flu, and Lopez skips a game for a suspension. Just couldn't overcome 4 missed games in a week, and PSJ is the beneficiary this time.

20. fadeaway

Finals is jent vs. PSJ. Good luck.