1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BobFinn*, Sep 25, 2001.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I fixed the rotoworld link on the web site. They changed their address. Excellent source for all your fantasy info. Save it in your favorites, after the season is over we won't be using CBS anymore (plus they clear stats, links and everything else)

http://204.89.131.77/

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Bionic Commando....great game!!

3. RocketsPimp

OT....fadeaway, do you play any of the emulated NES games? it's been awhile since I've messed around with any of the emulated console games. what are the best emu's to use these days??

feel free to email me at tattooedgroove@austin.rr.com

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

NESticle is still probably the best NES emulator. The NES roms are pretty easy to find; just do a web search for "NESticle roms."

But, although emulation is cool and all, I'd still rather just play the games the old fashioned way with my 1985 Nintendo. My mom goes to flea markets every Sunday and gets them cheap. My collection is almost up to 100 by now.

I can remember back in the day getting up at 7am on Saturday morning to play classics like Metroid, Contra and Ninja Gaiden (state of the art at the time). :)

5. RocketsPimp

No doubt! Three of my favorites! Blaster Master was another one that blew my mind.

6. RocketsPimp

Tomorrow is your day Behad. I only have a 102 point lead with Pierce and Peterson playing while you have Brand, Webber, Grant and Jackson. I'm going to need a miracle to hold the lead.

7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Yeah I need Grant and Jackson to come thru. Nash's giant "4" the other day didn't help much.:rolleyes:

8. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Why why why why why!!!!!!?????
    Why is it that everytime I need a big game from Webber, the KIngs blow out some scrub of a team and C-Webb never plays the fourth quarter?

Kings up by 38 over the Knicks after 3. I'm down by about 16 or so. Anybody want to bet I lose another game by single digits? It'll be my 4th f***ing time this season.

Edit: Clippers up by 24, so Brand is not playing the 4th either. What a surprise.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#2188 Behad, Apr 7, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2002
  9. RocketsPimp

Woo-hoo!! 1095-1071 thus locking The Capitol City Pimps in as the only 20 game winner, highest scoring team and best defensive team.

Ready to rumble fadeaway?

10. fadeaway

It's go time.

If anyone remembers, I hated my team after the draft, but it seems to have turned out pretty well. I said a few weeks ago that I would be happy just to make it to the championship game, and I am. After winning last year, I think it's a pretty big accomplishment to come back strong and make it this far, especially after my fourth round pick Terrell Brandon went down early in the season. If he had stayed healthy, I might have notched 20 wins like Pimpy. Nevertheless, the Cyberfish are the real deal, baby, and I think I proved that this year. ;)

My big guns currently have a few question marks: Malone has a knee problem and Kobe apparantly has the flu... but really, what am I going to do, bench them? Not a chance. They are the guys that brought me here and I have to stick with my bread and butter.

I think I'm definitely the underdog going into the final match. Pimp's team looks pretty fearsome. However, a very wise man once uttered seven very wise words..........

.... Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!!

I'm not going down without a fight!!!

PS: The only thing the "best defensive team" proves is that you were lucky enough to face teams who happened to have "down" weeks, and thus, put up low scores. It's a measure of pure luck rather than any sort of defense. I won't deny that your team has mad skillz, but having a low points allowed is nothing to be proud of (it's actually more formidable if you end up winning with high points allowed totals!). :p

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I sealed up fourth place despite a completely tragic ending to my story. I'm satisfied considering I drafted near the bottom of the barrell.

May Fadeaway represent the Eastern Conference with pride. I smell a sweep of the West.

12. RocketsPimp

Ummm, I was joking dude....ya know basically just fanning my feathers.

:rolleyes:

13. BobFinn*

Any volunteers to write a column for the site? A recap of the entire season, MVP's and other awards. fade or/and Pimp can write their takes on the championship matchup next week.

14. RocketsPimp

Better check your whitey tideys cuz I think it's something else that stinks!

;)

15. fadeaway

Karl Malone-F-UTA

Karl Malone's status for tonight's game is uncertain. He's still bothered by a sore knee.

Ben Wallace-F/C-DET

Ben Wallace's tender right ankle caused him to miss Sunday's practice. He will be a game-time decision tonight.

Start fanning some more. This match could be over before it's even started. :rolleyes:

16. fadeaway

Yup. A big, fat zero from Ben Wallace and a paltry 9 from Dale Davis.

218-53 after the first day. Hope you enjoy your trophy, pimpy.

#2196 fadeaway, Apr 9, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2002
  17. RocketsPimp

Maybe when it's final, but anything can still happen.

18. fadeaway

If Ben Wallace played the past 2 games, I'd likely be winning or at least in the running.

This sucks. I don't mind losing a fair match if all my players are playing, but having someone sitting on the bench just makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Wallace sure picked a great time to develop a sore knee. :(

19. BobFinn*

If I would have had a healthy Ratliff and Eddie Robinson all season, you wouldn't even be in the finals;)

20. RocketsPimp

Hmmm, Pippen gets suspended for a game, plus some subpar performances....you could still make this a fight to the finish.