1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bobby Portis sends Mirotic to hospital

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bulls cannot even tank without bs like this lol

ramotadab, BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  2. ballgame

ballgame Member

Glad he's ok! Could have been another Rudy T, Kermit Washington episode.

Daddy Long Legs and B-Bob like this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Mirotic is gonna be healed and back to playing long before Portis is able to move past the consequences of this. You might get a pass or get the benefit of the doubt if you have a long body of work or exceptional talent, but for a rotation player fast leaving his upside period - this is really going to hurt his chances of making a long career in the league.

malakas likes this.
  4. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

this is great news for my Markannen ROY bet I took a flyer on (among a couple others)

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

And people here wanted him smh. The Rox dont need an Artest .5 who goes ham on his own teammates

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Lol!!!

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Welp Portis' career is probably over lol.

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Imploding teams are always fun to watch, looks like I'll be adding the Bulls to my watch list

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

I hate to hear of anyone getting hurt but this situation and the comments on hear have cracked me up... And I needed it today.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

I wonder if they will straight up cut him and who will give him another chance.
    His talent doesnt warrant a second chance with this type of bs.
    Last year's Bulls lockeroom was a circus and now I wonder if Portis was one of the instigators creating trouble.
    And the Bulls coach once again shows that he can't control the situation and his players.

12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Portis looks like Lou Williams’ r****ded younger brother

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Put a mask on.

[​IMG]

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This kid was fighting for PT in his all important 3rd year of rookie scale contract. Now he probably lost tens of millions of dollars as he'll have a major red flag on his next contract, might get cut, or worse, Bulls punish him by not playing him at all, then signing him for cheap in a depressed RFA market.

A large amount of people wanted us to draft him in the Dekker draft. It was either Portis or PGs from Norte Dame (Jerian Grant) or Tyus Jones of Duke. Don't think anyone wanted Dekker, until we picked him.

Jontro likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If I'm Mirotic I file charges against Portis and sue the Bulls along w/ Portis for an assault that could end my career.

I hope Mirotic gets over $50 mil.

16. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

What a sucker punch?! Seems like the kids today can only sucker punch to get the advantage...Now I don't think Mirotic is a fighter by any means, however a sucker punch doesn't give anyone a fair shot. Ask Rudy T. Maybe he was playing the stupid ass "knockout Game" and forgot he get millions of dollars to play another game....

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Portis suspended 8 games :rolleyes:

Bulls say Portis can practice with team during suspension.

Bulls exec VP John Paxson: Both players owned responsibility. But only one player threw punch. It’s inexcusable.

“Bobby Portis is not a bad person. He’s a good kid but he made a mistake.” - John Paxson

"We anticipate Niko being out 4-6 weeks, but needs to clear concussion protocol.” - John Paxson

Paxson: Our responsibility is to be supportive of Niko and Bobby moving forward.

Paxson said Mirotic’s concussion has to subside before facial issues can be addressed.

Paxson says Bulls asked both players not to come in today. They wanted to give them a chance to cool off.

Paxson said film showed both players were aggressive leading up to incident. Assistant Randy Brown stepped in at one point.

Paxson: I wouldn’t call it a sucker punch at all. They were both aggressive leading up to it. But Bobby crossed a line.

Paxson: It hurts both players. But it hurts our team.

Paxson said doctors feel surgery best but up to Niko.

“As a head coach, I’m very disappointed in what happened. Our locker room is a family. ” - Coach Fred Hoiberg

Fred Hoiberg: Our locker room is a family. We’ve created competitive environment. I’m disappointed. My job is to not let moment derail us.

Hoiberg: We’re going to learn and grow from this. And we’re going to compete.

malakas and Vivi like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

LMFAO Bulls...worst franchise in the league as today? I'd say more yes than no.

Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  20. Normalus

Normalus Member

Wut? Hoiberg said they would compete? For what? 20 wins this season?