1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob McNair Phone Calls (fake)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rhester, Oct 30, 2006.

1. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Wasn't sure where I wanted to post this, then thought someone else might have tapped into Bob McNair's cell phone after yesterday's game.
    Here is what I recorded (fake)-

McNair called his expert consultant Dan Reeves after the Titan's win-

McNair- "Dan, did you see the game? Can you tell me what went wrong?"
    Reeves- "Bob it was obviously Dom Capers fault, you have the talent, you just need to realize it takes 2-3 seasons for these changes to take effect."

Next McNair called his old buddy Charlie Casserly-

McNair- " Charlie, did you see the game? Can you tell what's wrong?"
    Casserly- " Mr. McNair, it takes several yrs. for some of these young players to develop, why, some of the good players we passed up in the draft are just starting to make an impact in the league. I think when you are taking a wild guess on your draft picks you have to give it 4-5 yrs to see if any of them stick. I think a couple we drafted are starting to stick... Mr. McNair, Mr. McNair..."
    McNair- (Call Ended)

Next Bob McNair called his good friend Drayton Mclane.

McNair- "Drayton, did you see the game? Can you tell me what went wrong?"
    Drayton- " Bob, are you making money, increasing profit, adding value to the franchise?"
    McNair- "Drayton we are making plenty of money on the franchise."
    Drayton- " Nothing went wrong yesterday."

Finally McNair called Bud Adams and I could barely hear them whispering-

McNair- "Bud, I know we're no friends, but I will trade you David Carr, Mario Williams and kiss your *** for Vince Young. What do you say Bud old buddy?"
    Bud- "On national TV?"
    McNair- (End Call)

It's a slow day, so a fake McNair call got in my head. :D :D :D

2. Summer Song Giver

I wish you guys (Vince fans) wouldn't do this, it makes it tough to root for him personally and that is something I'm sure alot of Houstonians want to do despite his playing for the most hated of rivals and despite that we had no say in him being passed over by the organization. We have Mario some of us like Mario and want to like Vince as well, we should be able to do that without your childishness tainting our perspective. you want to be a Titan fan go away, do it. You want to root for Vince that is fine too alot of us want him suceed but not at the expense of driving our Texan's into the ground.

3. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I can't stand the Titans, I am a Texan fan- that is why I am upset all day today.

I was a huge fan of us drafting VY, but I am NO Vince fan, I don't like UT.

I wanted VY because he was the best pick for this franchise and we really needed him.

I like Mario but I don't let that get in the way of drafting the biggest need we have right now- a starting QB.

I just hope I feel better tomorrow and D Carr turns it all around.
    Then I can think straight and stop posting garbage.

Go Rockets!

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

VY is a leader. Carr is not.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know about Carr's leadership qualities, but he certainly doesn't have pocket presence. I think in the NFL, though, the 2 go hand in hand. All quality quarterbacks who have been good leaders have uncanny ability to feel the pockets. Carr doesn't...Kubiak realizes this and has kept the offense simple so far this year, but alas...

funny phone calls

6. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

What the Texans need is to keep losing this year and they'll have a chance to grab Brady Quinn assuming they don't pass him up in the draft, then you'll all forget about VY.

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

A leader does something no else does.

I'll take the lead on this one, sheep.

Go Carr! You Rock!

8. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

No argument. He's had chances and done nothing with them. VY made a few winning plays but consistently demonstrated poise and composure beyond his years even if his results do not ultimately show that.