1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blade Runner 2049

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Torn n Frayed, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I think maybe he was asked but hopefully he wouldn't want to revisit that old ground, his current orchestral music is miles away from the Yamaha CS-80 used on the original OST. From what I can gather in trailers the music is trying to sound like him or paying homage..

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. what

what Member

98 on rotten tomatoes right now. I might have to see this.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We already have reserved tickets for Thursday night in 3D. Looking forward to it!

RudyTBag, B-Bob and Torn n Frayed like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if the new one will have a scene where the alleged protagonist rapes someone like they had in the first one. I'm thinking that kind of thing wouldn't be received all that well today.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

OST, apparently "Zimmered" to the max...

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Rape is kinda cool again actually.

[​IMG]

ghettocheeze, Indaface and justtxyank like this.
  7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Hearing this maybe a fake...

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Some great reviews are coming in for this movie. I'm getting excited.

Caesar likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes this is fake. The score is very much Hans Z. Very much in the same emotional vein as Vangelis' score, but very very little of the OST is used.

@Deckard you are going to love this movie FYI.

Its not a perfect film, but its so incredibly well done that it really does make up for any flaws the film has. I wont say anything because anything is a spoiler, but its good. If you can't appreciate this, go watch transformers or some comic book movie.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Watched it last night and I thought it was great. A worthy companion piece to the original. I do think general audiences may take a dislike to this film due to its pacing and length. One scene near the end made me smile. Brought back memories of the original in a big way. 4.5/5 :)

ghettocheeze and CCity Zero like this.
  11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Checking this out tomorrow morning, really looking forward to it. Those that have seen it, does it seem like it's nearly 3 hours long or does it move at a pretty good pace.....afraid my wife will fall asleep if it's too slow.....

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I mean its definitely Blade Runner so yeah its not fast paced whatsoever. That was a good thing IMO, but I can see how some both wouldn't be able to understand what is going on, and lose attention. Certainly not for everyone. To me what works with the pacing is the awe in the scene transition visuals and the score. Without giving it away, they go to two other locations with vastly different geographies, and the different locations really keep you engaged. Go see it in a movie theater with good sound for sure cause the score is definitely one of the highlights. Especially in the films climax where I was getting chills down my spine... Needless to say... I like it. Your wife... she might roll her eyes at the sci-fi nerdiness of it all, but I think she will okay.

ghettocheeze, GRENDEL and CCity Zero like this.
  13. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

There was a scene that I thought was a bit too slow and made me lose my focus, but other than that I thought it was amazeballs. Really amazing world that they created for the movie. Everything looked like **** but amazing **** that you kind of feel the world is headed to.

I know a lot of the movie is left to be ambiguous that the audience can fill out the story by themselves, but I'm a bit confused on how to go about the miracle girl. So she's the one who made the memory of the wooden horse, and its her's, was there a reason she put in that memory of her's into so many replicants when I thought she said never to use real memory? I'm trying to fill the dots of her somehow knowing she's a miracle and was making replicant's bring deckard to her. Is there any scene where it could confirm that she knows who she is and this was her gameplan? If she didn't know, makes me wonder why she put her memory into all those replicants to build a rebel group together.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We saw the sequel last night and I really enjoyed it. It's beautifully filmed and the acting is terrific. I'll have more to say about it later, spoilered, of course. Still processing my opinion.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So nice to see a good, long movie. If people are saying it is boring, I know I will love it. People thought the original Blade Runner was boring.

(Tards)

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Awesome, can't wait to see it!! Thanks for no spoilers :) I am going in with blinders on!

ghettocheeze and Deckard like this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'd like for my wife to see it with me, because sometimes these sorts of films pleasantly surprise her. But she hasn't seen the original yet and even if we saw it to bring her up to speed, that might tune her out if she finds the pacing too.....deliberate? Guess I'll find out soon enough.

ghettocheeze and Deckard like this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

Tried watching the original, fell asleep. Not the movie fault, had a bottle of nyquil,sorry. From what I remember it's visually boner-terrific. Any sex robots in this one? That's my go to for sci fi.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Honestly, the film would probably stand alone just fine. If anything, not seeing the original could make it seem more mysterious. It would be better to have seen the original, of course, but if you think that could be problematic, I wouldn't let her not having seen it stand in the way of going. In my opinion, of course. If she gets worried about the length, about 2 hours and 45 minutes, my significant other didn't realize it was that long until after we got home.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

yep!