1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Black Playoff Shirts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LUK3, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m not wearing an XL, it is what it is

at least I was at the game cheering my ass off, and I got around the problem of them always having oversized shirts for me by wearing my own black Rockets gear to the game

a lot of people there won’t wear a shirt even if it’s their size

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i didn't buy a jersey so i can cover it up at games.

Smacktle likes this.
  3. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I'd imagine you're not one of the people he's referring to. Of course, if you already have on some Rockets gear [especially a jersey], maybe no need to put on the shirt. However, for those of you that come to the arena in friggin dressy button ups, or a fuggin Timberwolves jersey, put the shirt over that ****.

#43 Louka, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Smacktle, D-rock and fallenphoenix like this.
  4. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Okay, if we want to make the playoff games better, can we get a decent introduction? Seriously, I went to the game Sunday and I was disappointed by the intro. The video was okay, but what happened to the huge bursts of sparks? I miss seeing the arena filled with smoke during the game. Makes it look more intense. (And for the LOVE of God, get a new PA announcer. Matt Thomas does not fit with the Rockets.)

Smacktle, Jontro and mario_v like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

we have some of the dumbest complaints here. why does that not surprise me. no wonder there's "issues"

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

If your jersey isn't the same color as the theme and you're sitting in camera view, I don't understand this viewpoint. Again, our fanbase is one of the only ones that appears to have this problem.

Smacktle and mario_v like this.
  7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Back to red for tomorrw. They need rally towels though. Looks cool on TV and makes for a better look throughout the game instead of the light up noise makers.

Smacktle and D-rock like this.
  8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Yeah sure. Rally towels. So the rich dress shirt wearing bozos can wipe the wine off their face.

LUK3 likes this.
  9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Don’t tell me how to dress to a game I purchased tickets to!

Smacktle and BallSoHarden like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So much jelly about the people who sit in the lower bowl my goodness

Smacktle likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

how bout a cool black rockets hat? i want a cool rockets hat.

Smacktle likes this.
  13. smp

smp Member

I know right! I had season tickets on the first row of the upper deck at mid court. I decided I would rather attend a few games in good seats than a bunch of games in crappy seats so I let them go. I didn't get jealous of the people down below.

I agree that empty seats make the game atmosphere suck but that's how they designed the place. The lower bowl has a nice bar area and it's a fun place to hang out. If ownership has a problem with the empty seats they could solve it by closing the bar areas.

I'm not sure what they can do about the purchased but unused seats though. If I buy a ticket that's my seat to use, give away, sit in for 1 minute, no show, whatever- unless we want them to go the way of airlines where they can kick you out of your seat and double book etc. I'm in favor of leaving it as is.

14. enteradman

enteradman New Member

Anyone willing to hook me up with one of the shirts? I'd pay shipping.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, they are trying to make Rockets fans look more athletic.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Genius!!

I know that I'm on the smaller side , but are enough people so big that xxl is the smart choice ?

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

They want to make sure the largest fan and down all get a shirt. It reminds me of the xcaliber ride at astroworld. It was a 6 person cab but the safety bar would stop on the biggest person in the cart. So if you got stuck with a big dude you had to hold on to that bar for dear life because there would be like a foot gap between you and the bar.

I’m sure they get a discount for ordering all one size but if they really wanted people to put their shirts on and keep them afterwards they’d hand out sizes.

Edit: terminology

#57 tmoney1101, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Ya I understand why they did it .

#1 , **** fat people .

2# , it would be awesome to be able to wear them after the game . I'd love to see playoff shirts being worn out around town .

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Oh man I didn’t mean to come off like I have anything against big people I was just trying to be descriptive. I’m getting a little pudgy myself these days.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You didn't come off that way .

I'm just a manlet who is raging at the current status quo of having all the shirts be xxl

The handing out shirts at the door was a great idea

tmoney1101 likes this.