1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best way to buy a laptop?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Zackery, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Zackery

Zackery Member

I'm looking to buy a new laptop for my parents and was wondering what is the best way to purchase one these days. My parents are looking for a simple laptop that they're going to use mostly for internet browsing. I'm also considering buying an iPad for them if that turns out to be a better option.

The last time I bought a laptop was my Sony Vaio some 4 years ago, so it's been a while. So what's the best way of buying the new laptop these days in terms of getting the best deal? Is it Amazon? Bestbuy type stores? Or some other website like Monoprice?

Thanks in advance.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tigerdirect.com or go to frys.

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

You should get a Google Chromebook if they'll be doing primarily internet browsing. That laptop has been great for that. Of course, it wouldn't be so great if you were going to try running a business from the laptop, or gaming.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I second Frys. They're helpful.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

In a dark alley off a stranger who is selling them cheap.

6. Nero

Nero Member

Hmm I am intrigued by the stranger in the dark alley selling them cheap.. more information please!

7. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Nexus 7 2013 Edition.
    iPad.
    Galaxy Note 8/10.1 2013.
    Or just get them a hybrid Windows 8 tablet/laptop.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If its just internet browsing, then go for an ipad.