1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best games in Astros' history

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by codell, Oct 14, 2017.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Did hired mercenaries Kent and Beltran make 2004 all that much better? 05 had Pettite and better Ensberg.

04 and 05 teams hold equal places in my memories even though both teams were much worse than the 98 team, and probably 99 as well.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yes; Kent is one of my all-time favorite players because I have a fondness for batshit crazy guys like him, Danny Darwin, etc. And I was in love - like, actual LOVE - with Carlos Beltran for years and couldn't believe the Astros landed him. And then what he did in that postseason was....... magical. Plus Bagwell was still relevant. I hated that he missed '05.

Also, I was at the Pujols game and I don't care what anybody else says, the 100-to-0 emergency brake of that game tainted what came after. It wrecked me, emotionally, In fact, if you visit section 129, you can still still a small part of my soul.

3. K-Lo_The_Future

Taveras had a filthy catch on a ball deep to center in one of those cardinals games i recall.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Kent Walkoff
    Justin V. Gem
    Burke Walkoff
    Game 5 NLDS vs Braves 2004

5. Buck Turgidson

Game 6 vs. the Mets is the greatest baseball game I've ever seen.

CometsWin likes this.
  6. Anticope

Anticope Member

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The madness last night moves right to the head of the class.

Unreal

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

It's even better watching a second time.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yeah don't have to deal with the anxiety like the first time... what a game but I was definitely not enjoying it the whole time!

10. Buck Turgidson

Finally got to sleep around 3, up at 7:30. I will definitely sleep well tonight.