1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Blue Bell Ice Cream Flavor?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Mar 19, 2018.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you may not be an ice cream snob, but you are coming across as a high fructose corn syrup snob!

i love vanilla too and my new favorite is hagen-daz vanilla bean. not regular vanilla...get vanilla bean. its ice cream perfection (with real sugar!)

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t really eat ice cream...frozen yogurt on occasion

3. Bob Barker 007

It's also $7.50 a pint

4. Poloshirtbandit

I've tried Tillamook and the HEB brand... I liked them, but idk Blue Bell is still my preferred.

5. jo mama

i get it for $3.88/pint at central market (who actually stopped carrying bb after lysteria-gate). ill gladly pay an extra buck to get HD over BB.

honest question...would you rather put this in your belly...

Cream, Skim Milk, Cane Sugar, Egg Yolks, Ground Vanilla Beans, Vanilla Extract.

or this...

Milk, Cream, Sugar, Skim Milk, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Natural and Artificial Vanilla Flavor, Cellulose Gum, Vegetable Gums (Guar, Carrageenan, Carob Bean), Salt, Annatto Color

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Team not a hippie, no man bun, gonna die before 60 anyways, so...

Option 2.

7. Nero

Nero Member

So many hipster losers in this thread...

Anyway.. I would have to say... my favorite Blue Bell flavor was : Fudge Brownie Nut

They don't make it any more as far as I know, and I don't really buy Blue Bell because it's expensive and I have three teenagers in the house and it will be gone in a day, and they can have cheap ice cream for all I care. It would be like giving some filet mignon to a pack of beagles. Just no point.

If you want to judge the quality of ice cream, then take a scoop, put it in a bowl, and just let it melt. If it turns into a frothy blob of bubbles, then you know you are dealing with crap ice cream.

Blue Bell doesn't do that, and never has. 'Grocery Store' brands usually do. Couldn't care less about hipster $5+/pint stuff like B&J's, Haagen Dazs, or Frusen Glaje, or whatever it was, or any of that other stuff. If you pay that much for ice cream, you're just plain silly.

Get yourself an ice-cream maker and make it at home.

LonghornFan and Bob Barker 007 like this.
  8. jo mama

punk as f*** dude. respect.

LonghornFan likes this.
  9. jo mama

id rather be a hipster loser than DEAD!

id rather judge the quality of ice cream on taste.

i dont get how its hipster to eat hagen dazs. plus at $3.88 a pint i think its a bargain. to only pay a dollar more for something that is better in every way is a no brainer.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Picked up Bride's Cake on a whim, one day. Did not regret it.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Comin at me with rod Stewart? I backhand you with OG Alphaviille.

jo mama likes this.
  12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

LOL, why are those hipster ice creams? All of them (Blue Bell included) are mass produced and pretty much available everywhere, thus the comparisons

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Any Blue Bell since they don't have it in Los Angeles :(

But my favorite was always peaches & homemade vanilla

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  14. Bob Barker 007

So you live in Los Angeles but aren't a hipster loser like most of this thread? Congratulations, you win the night.

Hustle Town likes this.
  15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Lol I'd drop $7.50 for a pint of Blue Bell. Tastes just like the good ol' days

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The best cure for an ice cream craving is when you have an ice cream machine and just make your own. I made chocolate ice cream a few times just using semi-sweet chocolate/whole milk/half and half/sugar/vanilla extract. This isn't a premium recipe by any means but it is very good in my book. The big takeaway is I got sick of it quick and now really don't have any ice cream cravings at all. But, when I do, I will just make my own in the future. It takes very little effort and the reward is you get to see the ice cream churn while tasting the results of your efforts. It also gives you an appreciation of just how unhealthy ice cream is. We all might as well be snorting sugar.

BabyClutch likes this.
  17. Purvis's shorts

coffee was always my favorite

18. SuraGotMadHops

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I used to like Blue Bell, although I have avoided ice cream since I overindulged a bit in past years when I suffered from TMJ and needed softer foods (and to put on weight). When I put on too much weight, I bid adieu to ice cream, good as it is.

In any case, I tend to avoid an ice cream that needs to sport a "Now LISTERIA FREE" on its label. And that was probably paying off Channel 2 news anchors to promote its return, as if Jesus on his white charger had carried it down from heaven: "I left as the lamb, I've returned as the lion.....and with plenty of Blue Bell ice cream, yum yum!"

CometsWin and Torn n Frayed like this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

Yet none of their ice cream is blue. That is very suspicious.

No Worries likes this.