1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Behad: Coaching Discussion

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SmeggySmeg, Dec 19, 2000.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Behad,

How's your coaching going?
    My Under 12 girls is going great so far, and is far more enjoyable and stress free than U18 girls.
    We have our Xmas break now, with no games over the Xmas school holidays.
    Here in Adelaide we have a main season that contains about 20 games and finals and played from March to August and a summer season which has 11 games and finals, which is played from October to Febuary.

Going into the break we have played 9 games and are 8 and 1, and tied for top spot (3rd on percentage)

If you are interested I can send you my yearly plan, skills charts and practice planner pro if you want.

Smeg

------------------
    "What is it with this girl, has she got beer flavoured nipples??"
    - Heath Ledger in 10 things I hate about you

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Ours is a lot shorter. We play eight games then a tournament. We don't play our first game till Jan. 6th.

My 6-7 co-ed is mostly for fun and to teach the game. I really don't know how they will do, because I don't know the rest of the league.

8-9 boys team is...well...um....they try hard. I lost my best ball handler to the YMCA league, so now I have a team of rebounders and shooters with no one to get the ball to them. I have been pushing defense hard with this team, cuz they ain'y gonna score alot.

Now my 10-11 boys...They ROCK!! I see championship all over this team. Everyone knows their roles and perform them perfectly. My point guard had a hard time last year understanding how to not force a shot, but to pass to the open man instead. This year, during our first scrimmage, it all clicked for him. Now I can't get him to take a shot! It's all good though, because my shooters are unbelievable. I already have other coaches in the league talking scared. Add to this mix a new box-and-1 zone I have them running, and they are TOUGH. I can't wait!

Thanks for the offer, but this is my fifth year and the kids all know my routines. I'll update you when the season starts. I wish we had more games, but gym time is really hard to come by. There are three leagues competing for gyms and players here, so everyone is limited.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

[This message has been edited by Behad (edited December 19, 2000).]