1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor University Sexual Assault Scandal Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brando2101, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

This is a religious institution.... just think about that....

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

If anyone deserves the death penalty, it's Baylor

3. raining threes

Penn St.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So they're ASSUMING they would make a bowl game? Oh lawd. Turn it off. Push the off button.

5. Buck Turgidson

I would like to announce that I am prohibiting myself from banging Charlize Theron for 1 year.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Baylor refuting report:

“It is irresponsible to report that Baylor is considering a football bowl ban for the 2018 season when in fact the NCAA investigation into the prior football staff and previous athletics administration remains active and ongoing,” the school said in a statement obtained by SportsDay. “Additionally, it is premature to speculate as to what the University’s sanctions will be at this point in time.”

7. Nook

Nook Member

Fixed it for them.

J.R. likes this.
  8. gucci888

As I was reading this, I was fully expect them to make a comment denying any wrongdoing and that a bowl ban would be unjust.

Nook likes this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I didn't grow up in a Baylor family, but graduated from there. It's sad to feel disconnected from the university I graduated from..where I met so many good friends, not the least of whom is my wife... but all of this has just pushed me so far away from it. That sucks.

Nook and Rocketman95 like this.
  10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This is what you get when you have people who only care about religion as an institution vs the moral principals of a religion. If you ask yourself WWJD, it would definitely not be what Kenneth Starr, Briles and the rest of the Waco cult does daily.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. gucci888

Crazy how much of these new allegations are flying under the radar.

#352 gucci888, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

5 wins to get a bowl game? Baylor will win around 7 games this season imo.

The allegations surrounding Elliot doesn't seem new.. pretty sure it has been known that Baylor dropped the ball with him the most.

14. gucci888

What conference games do you see Baylor winning?

15. Nook

Nook Member

No this is what happens when you have a bunch of self important rich people wanting to be able to spend their Saturday afternoons winning football games at any cost.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Not even shocked anymore... half expecting to see a report that Baylor offficials kidnapped coeds and forced them into sexual slavery, keeping them in a dungeon under the football field for the entertainment of recruits and boosters.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I am having to go through something similar but even larger, all I can tell you is it doesn’t invalidate the positive experiences you had and doesn’t reflect upon you as long as you are aware and stand up for what is right.

MadMax likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Liberty AD Ian McCaw told CBS Sports that he believes that former Baylor HC Art Briles "will be in [college football's] 2019 hiring cycle."
    McCaw said that Briles will be exonerated and that "the truth is going to be he comes out of the NCAA stuff clean," arguing that Briles was scapegoated for a "much wider campus-wide problem" when he was fired from Baylor in the spring of 2016 as part of the fallout of a sexual assault scandal at the university. McCaw -- who was AD at the time -- resigned shortly thereafter and was subsequently hired as Liberty's athletic director that November. Briles was hired as HC of American football club in Italy last August of 2018. While the former Bears coach has yet to receive outward interest from the NCAA since his firing, McCaw's comments cause the ears to perk up, as there's a potential logical scenario in which he could be testing the waters for a hiring of Briles in some capacity at Liberty for down the road. It's difficult to see what other benefit McCaw might have from continuing to link himself to the coach.

Art Briles reportedly set to interview for Southern Miss offensive coordinator job

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm sure that statement has nothing to do with this detailed new story from Deadspin:

Art Briles should never be given that kind of power again. A school like Southern Miss is looking for exactly what Baylor wanted: Relevancy. Elevation. They need someone who can be trusted to achieve that without the side effect of multiple gang rapes. Art Briles isn't someone who you can trust to help you prevent gang rapes! LOL **** goes all the way back to Stephenville. Glad to have the stench of Kendall "Do you like white women?" Briles off the UH program. That stupid hire was just further proof Applewhite needed to be removed.