1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers Breaks Down His Tattoos

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

2. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

This is cool. I wish more players did this. I have no tattoos but am endlessly fascinated with what people choose to tattoo on their bodies.

da_juice and Riz like this.
  3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me showed up on my recommended list.

4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Thankfully I recognized in time that I wasn't tattoo material. I likely would have had some crap quality tattoos today had I not. I'm relieved I didn't go that route too; I'm not the same person I was back when I was kicking the idea around and I'm fairly certain I would hate having even a small one today.

My advice to anyone considering getting one is to get top quality work done and to first research the hell out of it--including the risks to your health.

da_juice likes this.
  5. rockets13champs

I would love for Chris Anderson to be on one episode.

Matt78777 and BigggReddd like this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

So you're completely uninked and totally against the thought of getting even a microtat but you want to give people advice on how/why they should ink themselves? It's completely fine to hold opinions like yours, but you shouldn't use them in a tone meant to discourage, brother.

Everyones reason is different, but ultimately if the art is for you and nobody else and you have no potential skin conditions that could complicate healing or health, it shouldn't be discouraged.

We don't get to choose our bodies, but we do get to choose how we decorate them. It's to fit the wearer, not the starer.

#6 BigggReddd, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    da_juice likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My cousin’s brother-in-law (her husband’s brother) is neck to foot tattooed. His mother FCC was super religious but said ‘It’s his temple and he can decorate it the way he wants’

BigggReddd likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Austin Rivers

The MLK jr quote is based off of this: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

I kind of dig his later stuff. It's all personal, but you can see his growth as a person thru these. (once he explained them)

I hope Tucker does one of these.

#8 don grahamleone, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    da_juice likes this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'd personally never tattoo my neck but like I said in my previous comment, it's their prerogative if they please. If they like it then why not?

10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

You obviously have a different perspective and that's fine. If I offended you I am sorry, that certainly wasn't my goal. But having just had this discussion with an insanely impressionable and impulsive 15 year old niece of mine who is dying to be beautiful and different, as well as the next big thing on Instagram, I don't think suggesting to someone thinking about their first tattoo that they contemplate long and hard what it is they want to put on their body, or that they pay to have good work done that they can be proud of, to be terrible advice, even coming from a preachy SOB like myself with no tattoos.

da_juice likes this.
  11. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I’ve been trying to get a good glimpse of his arm tat since the rockets first got him . It’s so good. Thanks