1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin leading proposals for new Tesla HQ / gigafactory

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Senator, May 10, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why are you posting a D&D thread in the hangout?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

bring that factory to greenspoint. Those yuppies in Austin can't hold it dine.

3. Senator

Senator Member

What is there to debate?

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

Ziggy, snowconeman22, ryan_98 and 6 others like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol

6. Senator

Senator Member

Tesla prefers Texas, a state with an environment great for businesses.
    The exodus out of California and to Texas is common knowledge ~~~ it is due to governance.

cheke64 likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

That's true. Less regulations on 5G towers. Probably easier to buy things from China here. More eating of meat. More black people. It's like Senator heaven!

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Curious how how you knew this because the population of California is so much bigger but I just looked it up. Texas has 50% more african americans than California and California has 50% more hispanics (and white people) than Texas. thats amazing

Major and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Austin doesn't need them, but I suspect the talent pool around there is what would make Austin attractive.

They should go somewhere random. Like a random town off I-45 or Livingston or New Braunfels or Corpus ****in Cristi.

ryan_98 likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Because...Musk is from South Africa and he likes black people? Or because he’s from South Africa and doesn’t like black people?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From what I remember Texas was already in the running for Tesla facilities before all of this happened. As far as new news this is about another mercurial Musk tweet.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. Major

Major Member

Not about Musk - about Senator.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

OUCH!

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'm aware, just had to point out the irony.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hurricane Katrina.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not sure what your looking at, but both Texas and California are exactly 39% Hispanic, and Texas has 5% more white people then Cal.

I'm going to guess you comaped some figures of hispanic-white Cal vs non-hispanic white Texas? The vast majority of Hispanic people consider themselves white.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Texas

Also, Texas does have double the black population, but the difference between the black demographics in the bay area and Austin metro is just a 1.3% difference

Freemont is right next to Oakland, San Leandro, and Hayward, so if Elon wanted more black workers he would have no problem finding them.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Elon Musk loves being famous. LOOK AT ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, WORSHIP ME. He'll get a PRIME spot on the STRIKE FORCE here in Texas.

[​IMG]

DoitDickau and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. Senator

Senator Member

What makes you say that? Granted it's a crowded enough city, but like everywhere else in Texas, it has space to move out. And Tesla is likely the Apple of it's generation, those trendy hires don't want to stay in New Braunfels.

19. Senator

Senator Member

Tesla’s next factory is going to be in Austin, Texas and it’s going to happen quickly

A source familiar with the matter told Electrek that Tesla has chosen Austin, Texas for its next factory and it’s going to happen quickly.

The race to secure Tesla’s next factory is apparently over.

According to a reliable source familiar with the matter, Tesla CEO Elon Musk is set on bringing the next Tesla Gigafactory, or now Terafactory, to Austin, Texas, or at least close to the city.

We are told that the decision for the site is not set in stone since Tesla was apparently given a few options in the greater Austin area, but Musk is said to want to start construction extremely soon and aims to have Model Y vehicles coming out of the plant by the end of the year.

It would be an even more aggressive timeline than Gigafactory Shanghai.

However, we are told that Tesla would aim to only have a general assembly line ready on that timeline and it would keep building the factory around the first phase in order to increase production capacity of different parts next year.

By late next year, the new Texas factory would be producing Tesla’s new Cybertruck electric pickup.

---

As a native Oklahomian.. Tulsa would have been a great choice, but trendy companies want trendy cities without the trendy governance. Austin was an easy choice .. now let's see what they can do about spreading out those crowded roads.

ryan_98 likes this.