1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Atlantic] The Case for Impeachment...Now.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 17, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah in no way will this backfire like all of their other probing has. When they fail to impeach him, then they're going to look like the assholes when the dust settles. The news will try to spin but those who point to the lack of results will seize the day and say "cleared of all wrong doing" or "exonerated".

Silent_Bob likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If the House investigates and impeaches, the GOP Senate may decide to do nothing. Given how little appetite for any confrontation with Trump that the Senate has, this is the likely outcome.

#223 No Worries, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    biff17 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think the point is , fine, let the republican Senate not convict. Then campaign on that.

CometsWin likes this.
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

****ing Pelosi. I'm so sick of Senators and Congressmen taking to the Twitter to talk about how we have to do something about this corrupt baboon. You do something you bunch of fools. What the hell does this guy have to do? He's practically daring you to impeach him. Just freaking do it already, Jesus.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I fully believe that The Senate won’t remove Trump from office. I have no doubt Trump and his supporters will crow about it as a victory. I also think there is a good possibility that Trump might win re-election campaigning in failed impeachment. All of that said we are seeing corruption on an unprecedented scale from this Administration. That one political party is too craven and much of the country is in this cult ignores that there is a judgement of history. To quote representative Justin Amash, “what is impeachment for if not for this.” The question that I would put to Pelosi and our elected representatives is when history is recorded do you want to me remembered for Fulfilling your Constitutional duties or passing the buck and hoping the voters bail you out?

B-Bob, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think Pelosi's responsibility is to history or to the people?

If Pelosi truly believes that Trump is awful for the country and that impeachment would help him win re-election - what is the right thing for this country?

If Trump is a cancer, the treatment is to get rid of the cancer by any means possible. Should a doctor administer a treatment that doesn't work and may in fact kill the patient so that at the funeral he/she can say they at least tried???

biff17 likes this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You got to be careful that you don’t turn cancerous yourself. That would be a nightmare.

What you believe politically vs your duty ... party above nation. You know who does that right? Isn’t that a cancer we want to also stop? And there is this thing call a crystal ball that people think they have but you know they don’t. The strong beliefs of that crystal ball in 2016 was devastating wasn’t it? Why not do your duty, what’s right and ... oh well, human nature.

10. Buck Turgidson

I do love a proper cartoon.

Maybe cojetemojo or somebody could start a thread for nothing but political cartoons? No commentary, no nothing, just cartoons....

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Yes... That would be totally non-biased and hilarious.

Not sure why I even click this usual liberal **** show.

12. Buck Turgidson

I think it would be fun. Nothing but cartoons.

But since you asked the question, I'll answer: Because you don't have the impulse control to do otherwise

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Mmhmm. I check this rarely, and I'm always disappointed with what I see.

Being a child of the 70's? It kinda disgusts me, but I have plenty of liberal friends. It's just easier to debate with people you actually know.

14. Buck Turgidson

Well, no doubt. I wouldn't call it a debate though, I'd call it an argument.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dude this is funny but expand your playlist already. :p
    I’m not gonna lie I watch it every time,

#235 mick fry, Sep 22, 2019
  16. Buck Turgidson

Just a little trivia to expand your brain:

Best watch out for Harold Delanie:

I do like Norm's joke in front of the Washington Correspondent's Dinner with President Clinton..."There's a lot of powerful tv people here, a lot of jews...there's a rumor, I don't want to say any names, there's all these parties and all, but there is a rumor, that the head of ABC got so drunk, that he uhhh, he ended up having sex with his own wife."

#236 Buck Turgidson, Sep 22, 2019
    No Worries likes this.
  17. mick fry

mick fry Member

18. Buck Turgidson

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is the greatest threat the US has faced in a very long time. Getting rid of him isn't about politics, it's about patriotism.

biff17 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If you really believed that, I imagine you would do more than sit behind a keyboard. That is why I doubt you mean what you say. It is just fun for you to role play online as someone with real purpose.

mick fry and Silent_Bob like this.