1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Atlantic Monthly] The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dairy Ashford, Jan 15, 2018.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

To get back to the topic for the sake of @Bobbythegreat , it's shameful Aziz is getting any heat for this.

What did he do wrong? If anything, if I'm him I'm lawyering up and making an example of HER.

SIL

2. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Did you tell/confront the girl? Ask her opinion?

Not accusing, just curious. How'd she respond?

My hot button is cowardice. I'm confrantational by nature...have a crooked nose as proof. Got expelled from Westminster (as a boarder) for beefs with being called an ape (my bro was in medical school in London & would pick me up from school on weekends).

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

6 pages? You guys are a joke

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm laughing my ass off at Sweet Lou's hypocrisy. When an Indian-American is accused, all of a sudden Sweet Lou is his biggest defender. Of course, Sweet Lou is Indian-American, also, so there you go.

Nook likes this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm glad I'm not in the dating game anymore. But I still make my wife sign a consent form before we engage in sexual relations just to be safe.

Haymitch and B-Bob like this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think one can simultaneously feel that the woman should take more personal responsibility for her own passivity contributing to "the most horrible night in her life" and also acknowledge that Ansari may have been a really horrible date who should have been more attuned to what she was feeling based on her signals (e.g. lack of enthusiasm).

If nothing else, hopefully something positive comes out of this where there's widespread awareness that "consent" is much more complicated than feminists or their male men's rights counterparts care to admit.

Invisible Fan and SirIvyLeague like this.
  7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Fair, fair point sir.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not surprising, it was talking about before, part of the problem with intersectional feminists and other ridiculous SJW types who play the cultural Marxism game is that they are only interested in the race, sex, gender, or whatever other "oppressed class" a person is, not about what actually happens. To an intersectional feminist, the woman is the important oppressed class meaning that Ansari has to be the oppressor as a man. To a simpleton like Lou, he sees the race of Ansari and he assumes Ansari to be the oppressed person and that means the other person has to be the oppressor.(I guess the assumption is that she's white)

It's just a mind numbingly stupid and inherently bigoted way of thinking, but for whatever reason it is popular these days.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly

Who couldn't see this coming.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This is mainly an embarrassing revelation for Ansari. It’s almost borderline revenge-p*rn, and should be investigated as such.

Same goes for the goofy-frat guy on that HBO tech show.

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Cut the **** your programming just went haywire. Better edit that **** before someone else connects the dots.

Some of us have been playing internet troll personas on this forum since you were ******** in diapers.

You're not original. Your form is pretty impressive and your narrative is well thought-out but ultimately you have no real function when you're playing a stereotype. Too much generic negativity in the overall worldview and not enough humanity. You just sound like a robot after a while.

A for effort though, sport.

jbasket, B-Bob and RedRedemption like this.
  12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Brah, only dot to connect is that you support a dude who makes fun of people's parents. Straight up. So does @RedRedemption

I'm past it, what happened happened. He got warned, simple. Move on to the topic at hand, go back to your little hole.

But @Cohete Rojo , yeah this is nothing but embarrassing. Could it be defamation?

SIL

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you walked past a mirror at night you’d probably shoot your own reflection because it scared you.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This whole movement has been sideways from the get go. Not surprised it is now eating itself.

Cold Hard, A_3PO and Buck Turgidson like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

I do the same thing.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Your first post was unintelligible nonsense: drawing out an irrational hypothetical as a flimsy pretense for some childish invective, so we just had to infer context based on your past idiocy.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Does Duncan's wife sign it?

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean disgruntled women don't have access to firerams in the United States.

20. jbasket

jbasket Member

Gotta have skin in the game if you gonna troll.

Bad troll is bad. Your persona 2/10 in our history of CF trolling. Try harder.