1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Trade option(s)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ZeroPoint, Apr 14, 2017.

1. vick

vick Member

Is it to late to trade and get a new owner?

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Maybe semantics (I understand/agree with your larger point) - but that's an incredibly high bar. For instance, the Dodgers, while on an historic run, have only had 4 SPs go 8 during that same stretch.

IMO, the minimum threshold, in this era, should be into the 7th - do that with some degree of consistency, and you're probably going to be OK. The Astros very definitely seem to prescribe to the idea that nothing good happens after 100 pitches. They are almost robotic is pulling guys before they hit that threshold.

I don't know how institutional that is... it may be in place this year because they have all their eyes on October and playing the long game of health and rest.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The season's over already? Did I fall asleep for two months, I woke up and we've been eliminated from the playoffs? How are the Texans doing? Did the Rockets finally get Melo? Did I have fun in Hawaii on my birthday? Is Trump still president?

rmoreno, MadMax and Joe Joe like this.
  4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

What happened to this year?

MadMax and Major like this.
  5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Stupid.

Joshfast and kaleidosky like this.
  6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I just returned from the future. Yes, we get Melo, but there's a tragic banana boat accident that results in injuries to all of our Big 3. We've signed Tracy Murray, however, and the new owner is thinking about changing the franchise's name to the Big Ass Gorditas. Stay tuned!

I am happy to discuss my feelings about the Astros with you over a beer soon!

Rocketman95 likes this.
  7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'll be a couple blocks from you on Saturday for our fantasy draft. Gonna chill after if you wanna stop by.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not sure what we have planned for Saturday, but I'll ask.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

jakedasnake likes this.
  10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, hello. That's what we're trying to accomplish here.

11. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Heyman has an article that says Moran was the headliner of the Britton deal and his concussion is what sparked the Orioles' concern that ended up scuttling the deal.

I would not be at all surprised to see Houston go after him again this offseason. Britton will likely make $12M so if Houston can include Sipp they will only be adding $6M. A prospect package starting with Moran plus 1-2 other prospects from that tier (Davis, Armenteros, Rogers, Stubbs, etc) would be a great deal for Houston in my opinion.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I have a hard time believing Moran "headlined" any sort of marquee deal.

He may have been a component... but there was likely either a better minor leaguer, or an established major leaguer, also involved in that deal.

BigM likes this.
  13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

IDK, Britton is damaged goods and Moran was starting to look like the real deal. I wouldn't think it would happen, but Baltimore may like Moran a lot.

You'd think something else came up though as Moran's injury happened a week before the deadline.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It is a little weird, but Orioles liking Moran would explain why Houston was the front runner when the Astros weren't trading any of their top prospects.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Remix

Remix Member

Wut. Another outfielder is the last thing I expected the team to trade for.

More moves to come?

17. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Opens up the possibility of including Fisher in a Verlander trade if that's what going on right now. Would make sense.

clutch citizen likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think Derek Fisher's lack of being "really fun to watch" right now.... along with Marwin's extreme regression, Marisnick's expected regression, and Beltran's continued over-the-hillness.... made upgrading the lineup just as big a priority.

Their offense carried them to their amazing record.... they might as well try to re-in force this as much as possible.

20. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Makes sense, except Maybin isn't really an upgrade. He has been below average carrying a wRC+ of just 90