1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Interested in JT Realmuto

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

a dude that covers the marlins

2. Major

Major Member

Marlins aren't competing in the next 2 years - there's no reason to take lesser return to avoid trading him within the division.

3. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

He’s Craig Mack, essentially, but keeps his sexual positions strictly traditional.

Kim, mightybosstone and desihooper like this.
  4. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Who says no?

Astros get:
    C JT Realmuto
    SP Wei-Yin Chen
    PTBNL (2B Bryson Brigman, OF Brayan Hernandez, or 2B Riley Mahan)

Marlins get:
    OF Kyle Tucker
    OF Josh Reddick
    C Max Stassi
    2B Tony Kemp

Astros would then go grab a cheap OF like Nick Markakis, Carlos Gonzalez, Avisail Garcia, or Adam Jones on a 1 year deal (assuming they can’t afford Harper or Pollock).

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  5. HTown2017Champs

I love this! Mahan, a LHH SS/2B would be a nice "throw-in" piece, future utility player. Chen can give us more innings and pitching depth, takes a bad contract off Miami's hand, and maybe Strom can help him. Eliminates LHSP from our needs. I'm happy rolling with a JV, Cole, McHugh, Chen, James (or other Astros minor leaguer) rotation.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  6. Jeremy Williams

I don't see us giving up Tucker at this point. I think the Marlins' demand is going to have to come down. So, yes, I say no.

7. HTown2017Champs

We'd still have Alvarez and Fisher (if we decide to keep him and give him another chance). Dawson and McKenna are two guys I'm very high on. And now we have Adolph, who, as much as I liked JD and as good as I think Santana can be, I believe is the best player in that trade. IF (BIG IF) they decide to trade Tucker, I still think our OF depth should be fine. Maybe I'd trade White instead of Kemp, since he has more power and Miami needs 1B more (now that Bour is gone) than 2B or OF (if they get Tucker and Reddick).

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Astros want to keep Kyle Tucker, Forrest Whitley, Yordan Alvarez, Seth Beer, all are untouchable.

I think Bukauskas and lower level guys is the offer, no doubt the Astros have the best offer for the Marlins, Jeter is the stubborn one not dealing quickly.

9. Stros4me

Stros4me Member

The Marlins have a shrinking window to deal JT before it becomes uncomfortable for the franchise. As long as another team doesn’t budge and take their ridiculous asking price, the push to sell will lower the price tag. Waiting is in our favor.

10. HTown2017Champs

What about the Braves? Apparently they're back in and waiting as well, and their farm is deeper. Question becomes will the Braves (window will last a good while) be willing to trade their top prospects to a division rival, and their need to upgrade at C isn't as big as ours.

11. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I would be surprised if Realmuto is moved before Grandal signs.

If Dodgers miss out on Harper I think they bring back Grandal. That would take them out of the Realmuto talks as well.

12. Stros4me

Stros4me Member

Deeper is relative.

If they are willing to give up more than we are willing to do so, let them have him.

13. HTown2017Champs

14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Astros say no

It’s pretty clear they aren’t interested In moving Tucker for Realmuto

No matter how many CF posters want him to

noscrusir, IowaAstro, Joe Joe and 4 others like this.
  15. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Nothing really new ...... I'd imagine this is resolved quickly if the new team wants to complete arbitration contractual agreement.

16. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

All of those teams except the Reds have a better farm system than Houston. I don’t think the odds are very high that he ends up an Astro. I think he’ll end up with the Dodgers. If they get both Realmuto and Harper, wow.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

We've been saying this will be resolved quickly for the last month. If teams were going to offer what the Marlins were looking for, they would have done it by now.

MadMax likes this.
  18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's approaching Sergio Llull territory. Wake me up when we get there.

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

In a similar vein to Congressional negotiations, you're not going to get action on something major like this until we reach a chokepoint. The chokepoint won't arrive until we get closer to spring training.

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'm have to pass on that one giving up to much and not enough on the return side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.