1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone here ever been to an ACL performance?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by subtomic, Dec 21, 2015.

1. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not the festival but the auditorium that is seen every Saturday night on PBS.

I'm thinking about getting some tickets to a show as a gift to someone, and wanted to get some opinions on the different levels and the quality of the experience (sound, seating comfort, etc). I'm not quite enough of a high roller to swing front row seats, so thinking about getting something toward the back of the lower section or toward the front of the balcony or mezzanine sections.

Thanks in advance.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

unless they do things differently now, they dont sell tickets. they give them away via a lottery system that you have to enter online. in the pre-internets days you lined up day of taping...first come, first serve.

its a cool experience and i have only been to a taping at the old place, but moody theater is one of the best sounding rooms ive even been to so im sure it will be great.

3. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Seats are first come, first served. Reserved seating is in the suite area.

4. Buck Turgidson

They have reserved seating for all the non-taping concerts. Not really a bad seat in the house, except for a few semi-obstructed-view ones in the upper deck.

http://acl-live.com/calendar

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As others have said, they sell tickets for non-tapings. If you're looking to go to a taping, check this site about a week before the event and enter your name into the lottery: http://acltv.com/upcoming-tapings/

It's one of the best concert venues I've ever been to. The sound quality is top-notch, the stage is close to all seats in the house and the level of intimacy with big artists is unparalleled.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No, but I did tear the ACL in my left knee once.

7. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Great theater, great sound, love the venue.

ACL taping tickets are given to donors or raffled off, you cannot buy them.

They have plenty of concerts there that are none ACL tapings with great prices anywhere in the house. Lots of the concerts are GA for the floor and prices (depending on some artist)are usually very reasonable. I prefer GA for my shoes, I like to be able to move around and dance. If you want seats, thats what the different balcony levels are for and there is not really a bad seat in the house that I know of.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

TJ Yates' ACL did not have a good performance :(.